Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through the referral of a recruiter for another program. It was a simple phone interview, it was scheduled to take 30 minutes but we ended up going for 45. The interviewer first introduced the program in the start of the call, then proceeded to ask me 3 fairly simple probability questions to gauge my quantitative skills. After that, there was an opportunity to have some open dialogue and ask the recruiter any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What is the number of coins you need to flip simultaneously to have at least a 90% chance of getting at least one head?   2 Answers
    • Person A flips a coin. If he lands heads, he wins. If he lands tails, player B flips the coin. If player B lands heads, he wins. If he lands tails, player A goes again, until somebody lands heads. What is the probability that player A will win this game?   1 Answer
    • There is a game where you roll a die. You win money for whatever you roll ($1 if you roll a 1, $2 if you roll a 2, etc). If you are unhappy with your first roll, you are able to roll the die a second time. If you roll the die a second time, only your second roll determines the payout. What is a fair price to charge to play this game?   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

applied by a referral got a reply from the Hr who scheduled an phone interview with a member of the quant team. the guy was not very nice and was talking like a robot (not a very human experience)

Interview Questions

• what algorithm could you propose fro sorting positive or negative integers from a set?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied through a university program. Received an email weeks later notifying me that I had a phone interview. Phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. I messed up one question and didn't move to the next round, but the interview overall was pretty easy.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I applied through the Citi careers website. A few months later, I received an email about a first round interview. I was interviewed by one person on the COO strategy desk for Securities Services. Just was asked the basic first round "fit" questions, for the most part.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Why Citi?
      When did you experience conflict? How did you solve it?
      Answer Question

Summer Quant Associate Interview

Interview

There is first a half hour math test with 8 questions. Then one hour programming test on computer. Then three half-hour interviews by three interviewers in citi quant group. Then another half hour oral math test.

Interview Questions

• what are the first three digits after the "." if we calculate 0.99^100   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Phone call. All behavioral questions. The person seemed like she had a list of questions and just asked all the questions listed. It is an average interview experience but the person was uninterested and tired.

Commercial Banking Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online using Handshake. Then I was invited to a networking event and Interviews were held 3 weeks later. The interviewer was very kind and we just went through my resume and talked about my past experience and what I wanted to get out of this program. It was very relaxed and no technical questions.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Total waste of time. Interviewers are looking for employees who will make them look good, fearful of losing their positions by engaging with qualified candidates. (High turnover/job losses due to merger)

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time? Basically nothing substantive   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Standard First-Round on campus Interview. One on one with VP, decently nice guy but was condescending when my answers did not meet his expectations. Invited back 2 of 16 interviewed to super day.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Troy, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through college. it was a on campus interview. Recruiters are nice. The first interview consists of 2 parts, behavior part and technical part.Both takes 30 minutes. The technical questions are easy. You need to be familiar with probability theory and statistics.