Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,073 Interview Reviews

2.9

2,073 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed through on-campus through MBA recruiting. The interview was held after a series of networking events and informational interviews. The next step in the process would have been a final round interview.

Interview Questions

• A company purchases PP&E using 50% debt, 50% equity. Walk me through how this affects the 3 financial statements in year 0 and year 3.   Answer Question

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

They brought me to their office to greet their team. I was interviewed by about 5 different managers. They asked general questions, such as explaining my background and why I wanted to work for the company. They then started to ask specific questions like "what is a balance sheet, what are accruals, why is account reconciliation important. "

Private Bank Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Called me 1 hour later and I felt uncomfortable.
    The interview is friendly, but I can't hear the his voice clearly in the beginning.
    First ask some questions about your background and then ask something about the global market.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one of your biggest contribution to your team.
      What do you think is the biggest challenge of the private bank department?
      How's the Europe market recently? Australian?
      Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The first step was a phone interview. I was then called in for an in-person interview. Questions were based on my passed work experience and financial and technical knowledge.

Citi Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was normal. Aptitude test on citibank website , Phone interview from branch manager the next day for about 10 mins, then schedule onsite interview at their branch a week after for an hour. Remember present yourself as a professional sales and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi bank?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Why not other banks?
      Whats the latest trend in the industry?
      Answer Question

ICG Summer Country Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

In chronological order:
    1. Group interview (15 min Case study + 15min written task) (5 people per group)
    2. Phone interview (With HR) (30 min)
    3. Interview with managers of specific division (15 min)

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Interview process consist of 3 stages - First stage: face to face interview with HR personnel. Second Stage: group assessment with other selected potential candidates. Stage 3: Interview with few hiring managers.

Sophomore Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

You're contacted for a behavioral phone interview after you apply and if chosen, you get to interview at the super day. You'll be interview by 3 employees from Citi. Type and difficulty of questions range. They've got some really great people working there.

Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted Resume > First Round On Campus Interview > Superday (consist of two interviews) > offer extended. Overall interview process was very pleasant. Recruiters never try to intimidate you. They all asked questions pertaining to fit.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The hiring process takes a very long time. Often times receiving decline notification without any other contact from the organization. Positions are often times posted and removed and then posted again without any communication from the organization.

Interview Questions

• No questions answered as no initial interview was scheduled for position even though I had the requisite experience and skills.   Answer Question