Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018
2,562 Interview Reviews

2.9

Analyst Interview

Interview

This was an on-site interview.

Technical interviewer was pretty emotionless and sarcastic, not to mention that the interviewer constantly cut me off every time I tried to explain what my solution did. The interviewer didn't make me feel welcome at all. I would have greatly appreciated it if he smiled more.

However, everyone else I spoke to was much more polite. The day ended with a short written technical assessment.

For all the coding questions, make sure you know how to optimize your solution (i.e. how can I make this better/faster?). YOU WILL BE ASKED TO DO THIS.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboarding   Answer Question
    • random data structures questions, e.g. write pseudo-code that prints out all the nodes in a binary search tree, write pseudo-code that looks for an item in a linked list, etc.   Answer Question
    • why citi? why work in the IT industry? why did you choose to study at your college?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • tell me what an interface is. what's an abstract class? explain to me how they're different from each other   Answer Question

ICG Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied online via university job page. Interview focused on project experience as outlined in resume. There were a couple of technical questions and on coding question at the end.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between TCP and UDP? When would you use either protocol?   Answer Question

Private Bank Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied on campus and was selected. Interview consisted of a one on one with nothing too complicated. Walk me through your resume, behavioral, why private banking, and market questions. Nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the current state of the economy?   Answer Question

S&T Interview

Interview

case study, 4 interviews a lot of fit questions, know the markets, the Fed, what is going on in Europe, Japan, EM, etc. 2 first rounds followed by a superday the superday was in the same room as all of the other applicants and the interviewers rotated tables

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through college or university on Handshake. Heard back from alumnus for first round phone interview. Was made alternate for Super-day but nothing opened up. Be prepared for FIG specific questions, esp. special ways used for valuing banks outside of DCF and within DCF Gordon Growth rather than perpetuity method, levered instead of un-levered, etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: what are a banks main sources of revenues? Expenses?
      Q: walk me through a DCF
      Q: if you were to invest in a bank stock right now, how would you choose? What valuation metrics would you use?
      Q: What are the shortcomings of beta as measure of risk?   Answer Question

FSG Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

OCR had easy questions; Superday was 5 different face-to-face, mix of behavioral and technical questions from each person (30min - 1h) in the NY office with some VPs and Senior VPs

Commodity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Submit resume and online application. First round interview was over the phone with a person in the department. Next round would be coming down to office for a career day. That consists of multiple interviews with multiple people.

FSG Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed on campus. There were two interviewers, one more junior and one more senior. They mostly asked me to elaborate experiences on my resume, with done brain teasers in the end.

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It was smooth and people were nice. Turned out to be a group interview though, which really surprised me. We started off with analyzing news articles they gave us, then a 15-minute discussion. The interviewer then proceeded on giving us an M&A case and told us to discuss the potential valuation factors.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round on campus, then Superday in the office which had a case study and then 4 interviews after that. They were not looking so much for technicals but to see how you think and what your views on the markets and current events are.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something important going on in the world and how will it impact the markets.   Answer Question