Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017
2,479 Interview Reviews

2.9

Citi Card Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi in October 2017.

Interview

Not transparent at all. No one emailed me to confirm anything. The only reason I knew I had a first round interview was because of my school's application portal. First round was meeting with one representative in an on-campus interview suite. During the 30 minute interview my interviewer spent probably 20 minutes of it talking about himself, barely asking me any behavioral let alone any industry related questions (granted, it was the last interview slot of the day). Given that he didn't take the time to get to know me, I didn't expect much out of it.

I emailed him a follow up, and received no reply about the timeline and potential next steps. No contact from a recruiter or HR at all.

I assume I didn't make it past this stage (I would have been surprised if I did given the fact that the interviewer was mostly there to talk about himself)

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the summer analyst program in Hong Kong through the online platform. I interviewed at Citi New York Office. The interview was quite challenging and covered a lot of technical questions. But I definitely learned a lot from it.

Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL).

Interview

There were 3 interviews in the process. 1)30-minute phone interview with the recruiter 2) 30-minute phone interview with the manager and 3) an hour in-person interview with the manager.

Investment Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Campus Interview through school since they come on campus to hire and they liked me because i am fiance and econimnics major, but when they interviewed me it was difficult because there were two people intenriviewing me which was different.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a first round phone interview where some basic behavioral and technical questions were asked. Then I was invited to NYC for a super day which consists of a math (half an hour) and programming test (one hour), then followed by 4 face to face interviews. Overall the people are great and chill, very nice experience.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online at the end of July 2017 for an iOS position based in LIC. Received an email two days later from a citi recruiter to schedule a phone interview with another person. I scheduled it within the next 48 hours. The interview seemed to be outsourced and ended speaking in the phone for 1 hour. Most questions were technical and easy ios questions so get to know your typical ios development questions. Interviewer was a foreigner and sometimes hard to understand. Also, not friendly..it was 1 hour non-stop questions. At the end, I ended up asking my questions about the team, ios work and company. I was not given the person's title or email so at the end, communications was to be between citi recruiter and I. For this reason, I sent my thank you email to the recruiter and a follow up days later. I received no replies. When I inquired again about my job status a week later, I was ignored again. Now, I was not expecting this from such a company like Citi. At least, it would look more professional if I get a rejection email. I don't expect that kind of behavior from such a big company as Citi! Boring, long, non-personable interview in addition to recruiter's "ghosting" behavior...That behavior alone changed my experience to a negative one.

Interview Questions

• Was is the difference between class vs structs?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through a career site and got a schedule for an interview. The interview lasted for 30-40 minutes asking about skills and interest in major/ company. It was a 3:1 interview.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Edison, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

On campus meeting. Very quick with responses. I met representatives at the career fair and also met with them when they had events on campus. Overall good experience, but they do expect you to answer technical questions on the first in person interview.

Financial Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Citi HR was very helpful at first then basically quit responding to phone calls or emails after essentially telling me I was to expect an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Interview was fairly easy. Nothing out of the ordinary as far as questions go.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through university and had an on campus interview with Citi's alumni. The whole interview process was not pleasant. They were over 10 minutes late and they behaved like they did not have much time to talk. Two interviewer kept asking me questions not relevant to Investment Banking at all. The questions were almost behaviour.