Citi Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Citi

3.4

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi in October 2009.

Interview

Didn't know much about investment banking, came from Math/Econ background so figured why not try it out? Waited in lobby for interview for very long time, they finally came out to get me 45 minutes later. Asked basic detailed accounting and valuation questions, questioned my commitment to banking given my lack of an i-banking internship. Pretty much told me they were looking for someone with more experience right there in the room. Didn't get 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• If there were to be a biography written about you, what would the title be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Pretty standard. I had 1 first round interview on campus where the guy asked me pretty standard stuff. Some basic personal questions in addition to having some technicals - valuation methods, pitch a merger etc. Got called back the night of and had superday the next day. Had 2 one-on-one interviews for superday. Again, some valuation methods, including walking through a DCF and knowing the pros/cons of each valuation. There was also a stress test and that was rather awkward.

Interview Questions

• Under what circumstances would you not use comps/DCF etc.?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Ask about DCF Model, and what did you in your internship experience?
    Tell me about more methods to calculate the value of the company?
    Specific question to ask us?
    Why us?
    Why IBD?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in February 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with an associate and vice president. Followed the typical IB protocol: walk me through your resume, tell me about yourself, and then some technical questions, and lastly some time for questions.

Interview Questions

• Why is minority interest subtracted out in calculation of free cash flow?   Answer Question
    • Why would you use one multiple over another for a certain industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

The interviewer is very friendly and helpful. We had a nice chat.

Interview Questions

• What firm evaluation methods do you know.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

On Campus Recruiting at a target university in NYC

Interview Questions

• Go through the European Debt crisis from the beginning to the current. What is the main driver that is making the crisis persistent up to now and what would be the solution in your opinion?   Answer Question
    • Tell me an instance when you had an argument with your superior and convinced him/her   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

networking is vital

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Three phone interviews for first round. Asked me about the fluency of language I put down (Chinese)

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Interview

Was referred internally for an interview with a first year analyst from my university, I had a half an hour phone call with the analyst. He asked me some questions I may have not been prepared enough.

Interview Questions

• How would you Value a stock?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

One day, 3 interviews with 3 different people.

Interview Questions

• Most disappointing event of your life? (professional or personal)   Answer Question