Citi Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

3.4

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through a career site and got a schedule for an interview. The interview lasted for 30-40 minutes asking about skills and interest in major/ company. It was a 3:1 interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (South Bend, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Some online testing and then had an on-campus interview. The interview really focused on the SIBC projects I did and barely any other items on my resume or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Advantages and disadvantages of comparable company analysis.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Opened up with a case study, then proceeded to one on one interviews. They were very welcoming and inviting to talk to. There is nothing to worry about as long as you are prepared. I found that the interview wasn't extremely numbers based. They were more focused on getting a read of your personality. Act confident and know what you are talking about!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

There were two different rounds. First of all, there was an on-campus interview then there were interviews at their center in New York City. In the interviews, there was a case-study as well. They were both technical and behavioral as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed.
      Tell me about a time you took a leadership position at the university.
      How do you calculate the cost of equity?
      How do you value a company?
      Tell me more about discounted cash flow analysis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Started with an on-campus interview with mostly behavioral/fit questions but some technical questions. On-campus interview mostly focused on technicals but still some fit questions. Ate lunch with analysts to get to know them and for them to get to know what you're like.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Referred by a university alum about Full-Time openings in late August. Went through 4 phone screens, 3 of them with associates who were extremely technical and 1 VP who was all behavioral. At Superday, was given a 1 hour "finance" exam and then 8 20 minute interviews, ranging from analysts, associates, and VPs with questions revolving heavily around technicals (some from standard interview books, others completely out of the box) and prior internship experience. Overall, everyone was extremely nice and the process was very streamlined and efficient.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Two Phone Interviews with vice presidents. Both asked mostly tech questions. Overall experience was good. Not too grueling. Just make sure you know the classic IB questions. Interviewers were very nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college career center. The interview was a phone call with the recruiter and for the location New York, NY. The process was approximately 3 weeks in length.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was on campus with an alumni working in the IB group. He was quite arrogant and gave off the vibe that he, and Citi, were better than me. He focused on obscure technical questions and was very combative when I offered a response that was not exactly what he was looking for.

Interview Questions

• What is 7 cubed?

What is the best metric for valuing a company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very Easy and Standard, some of the employees were following a script and looked uninterested beside a young one who came up with his own questions and that was the best part of the interview, original, hard problems. As an engineer I had fun at this part as he was asking questions that neither he didn't know the answers to. He appreciated my quantitative system analysis approach and we stayed in contact afterwards

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF (standard)   1 Answer