Citi Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

3.4

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Was referred to a the position by a friend in the group. Sent my resume and shortly after was contacted by HR. Had an intro call with them, a couple days later received an email to schedule a phone interview. This was an extensive phone interview with about 6 different members of the group varying in seniority. Extremely technical questions, very few behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Can enterprise value ever be negative?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)).

Interview

It was rather rigorous, however the line of questioning is put in terms which are rather simplistic. If you do your due diligence and have a very good understanding of the world of finance, you will do very well in the interview process

Interview Questions

• To illustrate my knowledge of M&A by fully explaining a recent deal   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Referred by a university alum about Full-Time openings in late August. Went through 4 phone screens, 3 of them with associates who were extremely technical and 1 VP who was all behavioral. At Superday, was given a 1 hour "finance" exam and then 8 20 minute interviews, ranging from analysts, associates, and VPs with questions revolving heavily around technicals (some from standard interview books, others completely out of the box) and prior internship experience. Overall, everyone was extremely nice and the process was very streamlined and efficient.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Usual banking application on the website, first basic CV screening, invitation to online test (the hardest I've ever taken), another CV screening, 2 first round interviews by phone (only motivational and competency based questions), and final assessmenlt center in london, with report to prepare, presentation in front of MD, FT articles to prepare and discuss and technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Why M&A, why finance, what differentiates citi from competitors, leadership questions.. The usual motivational and competency questions.   Answer Question
    • Is goodwill amortized? And a bunch of other valuation and accounting questions   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

3 Interviews and tests on financial sector - the internal; tests are really hard and you need to be well prepared - The outcome of the interview was successful at the end

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston College, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Boston College, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

On Campus Interview after a resume submission.
    Normal routine. 2 on 1. They asked technical questions and some mental math questions...all fair game questions. Had a more intense atmosphere compared to some of the other on campus interviews.

Interview Questions

• Degrees between the clock hands at 3:15   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I was recruited through the campus career center. A few days after submitting my resume and cover letter, I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview about why I am interested in the position. After the phone interview I was asked to come to to NY office for a full interview in the next few days.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

1st- Group interview with 5 more candidates.
    2nd - Group interview with another candidate.
    3rd(final)- Three individual interview.

Mostly they asked why IB and what is your strength.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Interview

Was referred internally for an interview with a first year analyst from my university, I had a half an hour phone call with the analyst. He asked me some questions I may have not been prepared enough.

Interview Questions

• How would you Value a stock?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

On Campus Recruiting at a target university in NYC

Interview Questions

• Go through the European Debt crisis from the beginning to the current. What is the main driver that is making the crisis persistent up to now and what would be the solution in your opinion?   Answer Question
    • Tell me an instance when you had an argument with your superior and convinced him/her   Answer Question