Citi Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

3.4

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Three phone interviews for first round. Asked me about the fluency of language I put down (Chinese)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Did not proceed with actual interview due to Citi's inflexibility in interviewing/hiring process length.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

All the basic banking interview questions (valuation, walk me through your resume, etc). Spent a lot of time going through my background. Overall, not very challenging. I think others might have had different questions.

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult or unexpected questions. I had already been in the process elsewhere so I knew what to expect.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

Interview

had two rounds of phone interview, pretty much focus on internship experience in the past. asked alot of assumptions questions ( what if the government is going to take over the business your company is currently doing?) walk through a DCF and did the depreciation increase by 10 million question. second interview was by an associate, basically just asked two questions based on the previous experience.

Interview Questions

• if I am a person know nothing about the oil and gas industry, can you explain to me how the industry functions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Pretty standard. I had 1 first round interview on campus where the guy asked me pretty standard stuff. Some basic personal questions in addition to having some technicals - valuation methods, pitch a merger etc. Got called back the night of and had superday the next day. Had 2 one-on-one interviews for superday. Again, some valuation methods, including walking through a DCF and knowing the pros/cons of each valuation. There was also a stress test and that was rather awkward.

Interview Questions

• Under what circumstances would you not use comps/DCF etc.?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Ask about DCF Model, and what did you in your internship experience?
    Tell me about more methods to calculate the value of the company?
    Specific question to ask us?
    Why us?
    Why IBD?

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi in November 2011.

Interview

Short, 30 minute phone interview. Very technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

The interviewer is very friendly and helpful. We had a nice chat.

Interview Questions

• What firm evaluation methods do you know.   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi in April 2011.

Interview

A position was posted for an experienced IB analyst and I had the pre-requisite experience. It was a quick process given that I had been in contact with this group from my days interviewing in undergrad. Small team that made a quick decision.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come into our specific industry group   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

networking is vital