Citi Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 23, 2017

3.4

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi in September 2017.

Interview

I had a first round interview with them after applying online. A few days before, they held a conference call with the other applicants from my school discussing ways to prepare for the interview. The interview was on-campus, I had two interviewees. One was a fourth year analyst and the other was a senior banker. The analyst was really rude and mean. He was truly trying to make me crack. The senior was much nicer. At the end, when it was time for me to ask questions, the analyst started looking at his phone, clearly done. Questions are below.
One of my friends made it past this round to the super day. This interview round was Monday and the super day was Friday. They offered him a job Saturday.

Interview Questions

• 1) What are you most proud of?
    2) How are you going o stay motivated when you are a part of longterm deals?
    3) Someone calls you at 10 am, who is it and what are they asking?
    4) Why investment banking?
    5) Walk me through a DCF   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

4 rounds of phone interviews and in office tour meeting with the senior bankers. Talk about your deal experience and why you want to be in Chicago versus New York

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (South Bend, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Some online testing and then had an on-campus interview. The interview really focused on the SIBC projects I did and barely any other items on my resume or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Advantages and disadvantages of comparable company analysis.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Started with an on-campus interview with mostly behavioral/fit questions but some technical questions. On-campus interview mostly focused on technicals but still some fit questions. Ate lunch with analysts to get to know them and for them to get to know what you're like.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through a career site and got a schedule for an interview. The interview lasted for 30-40 minutes asking about skills and interest in major/ company. It was a 3:1 interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college career center. The interview was a phone call with the recruiter and for the location New York, NY. The process was approximately 3 weeks in length.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

There were two different rounds. First of all, there was an on-campus interview then there were interviews at their center in New York City. In the interviews, there was a case-study as well. They were both technical and behavioral as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed.
      Tell me about a time you took a leadership position at the university.
      How do you calculate the cost of equity?
      How do you value a company?
      Tell me more about discounted cash flow analysis.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and received the online tests a few days after. After about a month I was invited to a first round interview. This included two 30 minute interviews, one competency and one technical. I was informed after a week that I passed to the assessment centre. The assessment centre was a whole day it included a case study, group exercise and interviews. One interview was on the case study, one competency and technical.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)).

Interview

It was rather rigorous, however the line of questioning is put in terms which are rather simplistic. If you do your due diligence and have a very good understanding of the world of finance, you will do very well in the interview process

Interview Questions

• To illustrate my knowledge of M&A by fully explaining a recent deal   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Quite slow in the process. First round face-to-face interview with 2 VPs. Very typical/ theoretical IB questions e.g. link the 3 financial statements but also critical ones. Preparation is key

Interview Questions

• Do you know any company that is currently undervalued in the stock market and why?   Answer Question