Citi Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college career center. The interview was a phone call with the recruiter and for the location New York, NY. The process was approximately 3 weeks in length.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

There were two different rounds. First of all, there was an on-campus interview then there were interviews at their center in New York City. In the interviews, there was a case-study as well. They were both technical and behavioral as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed.
      Tell me about a time you took a leadership position at the university.
      How do you calculate the cost of equity?
      How do you value a company?
      Tell me more about discounted cash flow analysis.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and received the online tests a few days after. After about a month I was invited to a first round interview. This included two 30 minute interviews, one competency and one technical. I was informed after a week that I passed to the assessment centre. The assessment centre was a whole day it included a case study, group exercise and interviews. One interview was on the case study, one competency and technical.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)).

Interview

It was rather rigorous, however the line of questioning is put in terms which are rather simplistic. If you do your due diligence and have a very good understanding of the world of finance, you will do very well in the interview process

Interview Questions

• To illustrate my knowledge of M&A by fully explaining a recent deal   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Quite slow in the process. First round face-to-face interview with 2 VPs. Very typical/ theoretical IB questions e.g. link the 3 financial statements but also critical ones. Preparation is key

Interview Questions

• Do you know any company that is currently undervalued in the stock market and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Referred by a university alum about Full-Time openings in late August. Went through 4 phone screens, 3 of them with associates who were extremely technical and 1 VP who was all behavioral. At Superday, was given a 1 hour "finance" exam and then 8 20 minute interviews, ranging from analysts, associates, and VPs with questions revolving heavily around technicals (some from standard interview books, others completely out of the box) and prior internship experience. Overall, everyone was extremely nice and the process was very streamlined and efficient.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Opened up with a case study, then proceeded to one on one interviews. They were very welcoming and inviting to talk to. There is nothing to worry about as long as you are prepared. I found that the interview wasn't extremely numbers based. They were more focused on getting a read of your personality. Act confident and know what you are talking about!

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Two Phone Interviews with vice presidents. Both asked mostly tech questions. Overall experience was good. Not too grueling. Just make sure you know the classic IB questions. Interviewers were very nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was on campus with an alumni working in the IB group. He was quite arrogant and gave off the vibe that he, and Citi, were better than me. He focused on obscure technical questions and was very combative when I offered a response that was not exactly what he was looking for.

Interview Questions

• What is 7 cubed?

What is the best metric for valuing a company?

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Full day assessment day:
    4 interviews
    -- read and discuss three news article, explaining the pertinence with the role of the investment bank
    -- case study and presentation, read documents and materials, prepare a placemat presentation
    -- motivational interview (why investment banking, previous experience, what you are looking for etc)
    -- technical interview, valuation methodologies, equity value vs. enterprise value, metrics, multiples, comps, precedents, DCF. Sell-side and Buy-side process
    1 group exercise (discuss a group case study), discuss together with the group how to solve the issue and propose a solution
    - computer based test

Interview Questions

• - motivational interview
      - valuation( Comps, Precedents, DCF)