Citi Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Process was through OCR, and I interviewed with a Managing Director. We had a nice conversation and questions included both behavioral and technical questions, but not as technical. Make sure you know why Citi over other banks.

Interview Questions

• How did the cultures differ at your previous experiences? You seem to have accomplished a lot in a very short amount of time. What is your greatest achievement?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through university career services, following this received an email to set up a phone screening. After phone screening, received an additional invitation for video interview. Unfortunately, I was cut after the first video interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my campus career center. Received an email notifying me of over the phone interview dates, out of which I selected one. From there I was called and spoke with the recruiter for about 20 minutes.

Application

Interview

I applied through school website for Technology Group at San Francisco Office . It took about two weeks from submission to getting the interview. The interview is relatively more technical than fit. I was surprised that they did not ask about my internship experiences or why citi. After "walk me through your resume" and describe your on-campus involvement, they went directly into technical parts.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The whole process took took less than a month. The interview process consisted of an initial back to back campus interview. A superday followed 2 weeks after. The superday was long and consisted of a brief introduction of the company, what the Public Finance Group does, and about 10 interviews back to back. The questions were mainly behavioral and repetitive ex. tell me about yourself, why citi, why public finance.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. One round of phone interviews with three interviewers. Final round consists of three interviews and a group presentation, English/Mandarin translation test. The interview results are processed pretty slowly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First round on campus. Good balance between behavioral and technical. Second round at the office. All behavioral with couple easy technicals. No grilling. They seemed to really wanted to get someone confortable in the first two interview. Last one was unexpectedly straight forward and technical. In the end, the selection process is random and you really want to have someone inside pulling you in. Get to know second year analysts.

Interview Questions

• How are you seeing S&P 500 going in the short term? Describe a DCF? How do you calculate the terminal value?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with Citi at my university. They asked a lot of technical questions, the typical accounting one, and others. Were very deliberate on why investment banking, what led you to want to do it, etc. Make sure you know every possible twist on the "basic" technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the beta value of the S&P 500?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Through OCR. Not very tough, they asked the general technicals questions; however, I did not move on because other candidates answered them better? Moreover, they were very kind and I wish I had moved on, but unforuntately I did not.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Process started with a meet and greet, followed by two first round interviews, and a traditional superday. Technicals were standard, and handled by VP's and third year associates, while MD's did the behavioral interviews. Questions were fairly routine, technicals were straight out of most interview guides. Overall, the process was fairly easy.