Citi Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.1

106 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Markets and Securities Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted the application, did a numerical test, and then got invited to the first round interview about a month later. There were 2 rounds of group interviews, each lasting about 45 minutes. All technical questions. One focused on self-introduction and portfolia selection. The other focused on discussing current events.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied on website. Got a face to face interview which went through various technical questions. They were relatively standard for the industry and for someone who's done a PhD in a quantitative subject.

Interview Questions

• Various black scholes / stochastic calculus questions. Standard stuff.   Answer Question

Corporate Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Online application submitted followed by a telephone interview. Telephone interview was more conversational, in terms of job interest and what you know on the role with a few questions on your reasoning style. Overall, telephone interview is quite straight forward if you know what the job entails.
    Assessment Centre had a typical interview process:
    1. A case study with a prep time of 55min
    2. Classical Competency Interview
    3. Discussion on 3 topics on the day's newspaper
    4. Numerical test

Interview Questions

• The interviews were all right, but quite difficult to get a sense how you fared.
      1.Case study presentation lasts about 15min and Q&A for the remaining 15 min. It depends on how you present your case and how you steer it and questions usually come along those lines. There is usually one pitfall in the case study and it is important to find it out, because you will be tested on this.
      2. Competency interview is fine, with the stereotypical questions.
      3. Conversational interview on commercial acumen is just how much you know on the subject. A bit hard to prepare, just what you have been following lately.
      Overall, quite good experience but difficult to gauge your performance on the spot.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Was really quick, but the interviewer was really rude, did not expect this from Citibank standards or values did set out a negative vibe from the get go , there are standards and there is arrogance, shame for such a reknowed institution

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Strengths and weaknesses
      Usual competency based questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

3 rounds of interviews with various stakeholders. Competency based questions, cv based questions and questions focusing previous experience and skills. The interview also had job related technical questions. All interviews were face to face interviews with various senior stakeholders within the organisation. All interview lasted a minimum of an hour each...........

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions, cv based questions and questions focusing previous experience and skills. The interview also had job related technical questions. All interviews were face to face interviews with various senior stakeholders within the organisation. All interview lasted a minimum of an hour each...........   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was a two stage interview process. The first stage was a simple face to face interview and the second stage was modelling tests followed by group interviews. In general in was a good process a experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background and talk us through how that would relate to this job?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online tests and screening. Got late offer to attend an Assessment Center which consisted of 3 interviews, 1 Individual Case study with 50 min prepare time, 1 Group case, Numerical verification tests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed a group assignment and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and received the online tests a few days after. After about a month I was invited to a first round interview. This included two 30 minute interviews, one competency and one technical. I was informed after a week that I passed to the assessment centre. The assessment centre was a whole day it included a case study, group exercise and interviews. One interview was on the case study, one competency and technical.

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. There are 2 rounds of interviews. First one with HR. Second one with someone from the division you applied to. They both asked fairly similar standard competency based questions about teamwork and past leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you worked in a team.
      What are your current thoughts on the markets?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Fairly simple competency based questions and info about the specific division, I would seriosuly recommending knowing about the divison you are applying for as many of the questions are related around this. And also prepare a lot for different practical based questions such as what's a time you worked poorly in a team? what is a time you found yourself in a difficult position with a college?