Citi Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.1

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and received the online tests a few days after. After about a month I was invited to a first round interview. This included two 30 minute interviews, one competency and one technical. I was informed after a week that I passed to the assessment centre. The assessment centre was a whole day it included a case study, group exercise and interviews. One interview was on the case study, one competency and technical.

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. There are 2 rounds of interviews. First one with HR. Second one with someone from the division you applied to. They both asked fairly similar standard competency based questions about teamwork and past leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you worked in a team.
      What are your current thoughts on the markets?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Fairly simple competency based questions and info about the specific division, I would seriosuly recommending knowing about the divison you are applying for as many of the questions are related around this. And also prepare a lot for different practical based questions such as what's a time you worked poorly in a team? what is a time you found yourself in a difficult position with a college?

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Analyst programme in November 2016 and they invited me to the first round interview taking place at Citi (London) in January 2017

I had:
    - 1 competency based interview
    - 1 technical interview

They called me back 5 days after the interview to invite me to the next round.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time you had to make a decision that involved an ethical consideration
      - How can you price a call in a flat rate environment?

TTS SummerEMEA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

standard online application, followed by online tests then a 2*30mins telephone interview.

The assessment centre is a bit poor organised. started at 11am without much lunch given,
    The assessment centre started with a case study, followed by to face to face interview with the senior people from the business unit that you are applying to. Finally is the group discussion

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Quite slow in the process. First round face-to-face interview with 2 VPs. Very typical/ theoretical IB questions e.g. link the 3 financial statements but also critical ones. Preparation is key

Interview Questions

• Do you know any company that is currently undervalued in the stock market and why?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Two seperate interviews back to back over the course of an hour. Generic interview questions around competences and wanted to know why you wanted to work at Citi, what you thought about the strategy etc etc.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi? Tell me a time when you solved a problem with quantitative data? Can you explain MIFID II?   Answer Question

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1) Online application + numerical test early November
    2) Two first round interviews (One technical and one competency/CV/academic experience) mid November
    3) Assessment Center early December
    -Case study presentation
    -Group Exercise
    -Numerical test verification
    -Competency interview
    -Financial Times exercise
    4) Received offer day after the AC

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you made a mistake and had to escalate it?
      When did you face an ethical challenge and how did you deal with it?
      How would you value this business?
      Have you ever had to give feedback on someone else's performance?

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

After I passed the online test (which was very difficult, I thought I couldn't pass it but I guess the overall results were not very high either), I got an invitation for telephone interview: 2 30-minute telephone interviews, one about general motivational questions and competency questions, one about specific technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why you apply to Citi?
      Tell me a time when you deal with an unethical issue?
      What do you think are the biggest concerns for banking industry?

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Attended Citi event in London
    Fast-tracked to first interview
    After that standard process
    Followed by video interviews
    Final round, interview with two senior employees from the team
    Heavily based on commercial awareness, make sure you read the FT cover to cover every day.
     Be enthusiastic. Show your hard work.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi? Why this position? How does the duration risk affect investors in current environment? What are your opinions on newsX and how do you think that affects countryY? How would you construct portfolio?   Answer Question