Citi Management Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Management Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2017

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

3 interviewers. 2 behavioral and 1 case study. The interviewers except for one seemed to care much. the rest were either too worn out from a day long of interviews to engage a lot, or ask questions. Explained what their groups entail and what to expect if hired, amount of work etc. No communication/ feedback on results of the interview!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your past experiences?Why do you want to work for citi and how would you make use of the opportunity if offered to you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New City, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

First round was with two senior vice president from credit card department and personal wealth management department, the second round, which is the super day, was scheduled with four different interviewers for the whole morning

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: who is my most respected leader?
      Most difficult question for me: What kind of person you eventually want to be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

The position is for second year MBA student applying for a full-time MA. MA has two years for two rotations in different functions.

The process is as below:
    1. One round of 45 minute campus interview with two alumni working in Citi.
    2. Three rounds of 30 minute consecutive interviews with VP, Director, and recent MA who just finished first year in rotation.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Citibank? Why you?
      Q: You didn't have financial background, why do you want to work for a bank now?
      Q: Why MBA?
      Q: Financial crisis What do you see the future trends of banking industry?
      Q: Do you have any analytical experience in your previous career path? (Analytical skill is the key to get into the door.)
      Q: How do you usually get information about financial industry/ business world? Do you read any journals, news papers?
      Q: Have you ever dealt with data? Are you comfortable with data? Walk me through a project which involved data
      Q: People see things in different way. Different people may come to different conclusions from the same data or information, do you have experience in this kind of situation, how do you convince others?
      Q: (Case) How do you decide how many ATMs to set up in Manhattan? Tell you about your thinking process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen with VP at the local office followed by an onsite interview with three people - 30 minutes each back-to-back. The phone screen was interesting, the interviewer was very aggressive in his explanation of the company - gave a good look into culture - seems like one of domination. The onsite interviews were not hard and went through fast. The HR, however, was unprofessional and did not follow up within the promised deadline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2007.

Interview

I had applied to the job through my school's career management center and had gotten an interview without even having any interaction with anyone in the company beforehand. The first round consisted of one one-on-one interview -- mostly behavioral. I started with describing my background and the reason behind applying for the job. After initial introduction, the interviewer controlled the interview asking scripted behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you led a team in a difficult situation   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

Get a phone screen from recruiter/HR then followed by an one-on-one interview with a Senior Associate from Citi, mostly behavioural-based/walk me through your resume questions. If you pass this round, you will be invited to Assessment Center where you work on a Case Study and have 20 minutes to present in front of a panel of 5-6 Senior Associates/Head of Departments. The final interview will be with CEO/Head HR and HOD

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Two seperate interviews back to back over the course of an hour. Generic interview questions around competences and wanted to know why you wanted to work at Citi, what you thought about the strategy etc etc.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi? Tell me a time when you solved a problem with quantitative data? Can you explain MIFID II?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Friendly and fun. The second round was a little intense. Case study had a lot of information. Difficult to read all of it. First round was HR and a breeze.

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2015.

Interview

First stage is online application, then phone interview with HR and then business manager interview (I only got until this stage). HR interview was mostly behavioral questions and lasted for 30 minutes and business manager interview was more specific to the MA role itself and lasted for almost 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Strength and weaknesses, what do you know about each division that you will rotate to   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview was brief and covered points on resume and experiences.Other than that, everything was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a dysfunctional team.   Answer Question