Citi Management Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Management Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2013.

Interview

Standard interview process, with online exams and case study. The case study is very difficult, pitting you against other interviewees. Being yourself and cool and calm is critical. Because you're going against the best, it's important to know and describe how you stand out.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Taipei (Taiwan)) in February 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of group interviews. No need for business related background or degree. The company really cares about your personal and inter-personal qualities. It is important to be able to stand out in these group interviews, but definitely not through bad-mouthing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the biggest challenges you've faced in your life? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in July 2011.

Interview

Well-structured, interactive and good fun.The process is consistent for the most parts globally irrespective of the location a potential MA is applying at. It helps to reach out to senior management at the bank who are willing to guide on the company structures and objectives, and how a candidate may tie that to their profile and aspirations.

Interview Questions

• Career aspirations; behavioural questions; interviewing other candidates on the spot.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2013.

Interview

The first round of interview is on campus recruitment 1:1 interview, questions range from behavioral questions to technology specific questions. The second round of interview is a group case study where 10 people are required to analyse a case and give recommendations followed by group discussions.

Interview Questions

• The interview are slightly more difficult and interviewees are expected to have good analytic skill and technology know how.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi in November 2010.

Interview

There are two runs of interview. First round held in Campus, one HR staff and an analyst, mainly walk through the resume and ask behavior questions. First round in Citi's headquarter, four 1:1 interviews...very stressful. The first person focus on your analytical skills, second on coursework. Third on situation. Fourth interview is a stress one, the interviewer kept asking stressful questions, like what is your failure, describe your mistake, wrong direction in project....

Interview Questions

• think about one financial innovation product that can contribute to the team   Answer Question
    • describe one situation that your project fall into the wrong direction.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Taipei (Taiwan)) in March 2017.

Interview

There are 3 stages of interviews starting from the end of each year. The first stage was to submit CV and ever standard. The second one was a group interview of 3 people. There were two interviewers. The last interview was a panel with all senior managers.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi? Why This position?
      Tell me an experience at school or work that shows your leadership in the team.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Two seperate interviews back to back over the course of an hour. Generic interview questions around competences and wanted to know why you wanted to work at Citi, what you thought about the strategy etc etc.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi? Tell me a time when you solved a problem with quantitative data? Can you explain MIFID II?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Mostly HR and CV based questions to check fit with the role and the company. Also tested simple finance concepts. You need not have a pre-existing finance background. However, sound reasoning as to why you wish to join Citi and giving logical answers to their questions would probably be necessary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you wish to join Citi? Why finance? What do understand by finance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

4 rounds of interviews with very different Senior Directors. Initial interview with a recruiter screening to ensure minimum qualifications were met. Kind of felt left in limbo as to what would happen next, sometimes waiting weeks before hearing back from the company. So if you are still waiting, hang in there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you were forced to work with someone with who you didn't get along personally. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

3 interviewers. 2 behavioral and 1 case study. The interviewers except for one seemed to care much. the rest were either too worn out from a day long of interviews to engage a lot, or ask questions. Explained what their groups entail and what to expect if hired, amount of work etc. No communication/ feedback on results of the interview!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your past experiences?Why do you want to work for citi and how would you make use of the opportunity if offered to you?   Answer Question