Citi Management Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Management Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Two seperate interviews back to back over the course of an hour. Generic interview questions around competences and wanted to know why you wanted to work at Citi, what you thought about the strategy etc etc.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi? Tell me a time when you solved a problem with quantitative data? Can you explain MIFID II?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Mostly HR and CV based questions to check fit with the role and the company. Also tested simple finance concepts. You need not have a pre-existing finance background. However, sound reasoning as to why you wish to join Citi and giving logical answers to their questions would probably be necessary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you wish to join Citi? Why finance? What do understand by finance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

4 rounds of interviews with very different Senior Directors. Initial interview with a recruiter screening to ensure minimum qualifications were met. Kind of felt left in limbo as to what would happen next, sometimes waiting weeks before hearing back from the company. So if you are still waiting, hang in there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you were forced to work with someone with who you didn't get along personally. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Taipei (Taiwan)) in February 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of group interviews. No need for business related background or degree. The company really cares about your personal and inter-personal qualities. It is important to be able to stand out in these group interviews, but definitely not through bad-mouthing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the biggest challenges you've faced in your life? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

3 interviewers. 2 behavioral and 1 case study. The interviewers except for one seemed to care much. the rest were either too worn out from a day long of interviews to engage a lot, or ask questions. Explained what their groups entail and what to expect if hired, amount of work etc. No communication/ feedback on results of the interview!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your past experiences?Why do you want to work for citi and how would you make use of the opportunity if offered to you?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in July 2011.

Interview

Well-structured, interactive and good fun.The process is consistent for the most parts globally irrespective of the location a potential MA is applying at. It helps to reach out to senior management at the bank who are willing to guide on the company structures and objectives, and how a candidate may tie that to their profile and aspirations.

Interview Questions

• Career aspirations; behavioural questions; interviewing other candidates on the spot.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

This happened many years ago and still about the same for management interview. Campus information session is important to express strong interest and willing to do more to get onsite interview. On site, show enthusiasm, experience with competitors or potential offering helps. Follow up with thank you and topics of interest will help.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do if you were in the position to solve the challenges such as....   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Prague (Czech Republic)) in June 2011.

Interview

9 rounds meeting different people within the firm. Initially it was with HR and then proceeded to meeting business people from Heads of business segment to finally meeting the CEO. Interview with CEO was more about the direction of the firm and not too technical. Same with head of consumer banking

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Friendly and fun. The second round was a little intense. Case study had a lot of information. Difficult to read all of it. First round was HR and a breeze.

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2015.

Interview

First stage is online application, then phone interview with HR and then business manager interview (I only got until this stage). HR interview was mostly behavioral questions and lasted for 30 minutes and business manager interview was more specific to the MA role itself and lasted for almost 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Strength and weaknesses, what do you know about each division that you will rotate to   Answer Question