Citi Interview Questions in New Jersey | Glassdoor

2.7

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (Hackensack, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an online assessment right after. The assessment was not that hard but you need to concentrate until the end. It was more difficult than PNC but easier than BOA. After submitting, I got a phone call from the recruiter the day after. It was very quick because the branch I applied for needed to fill a vacant position. The phone interview was very simple and smooth. Nothing complicated and the recruiter asked some questions about my resume. After about 10min long interview, he said I will be getting another phone call from the branch. I got another call from the branch and set up an appointment with the branch manager. The usual hiring process of Citi is not this fast.
    The interview with the branch manager was kinda tough. She asked several questions like how was my sales approach like in my previous work and why I chose to be a banker and other personal things. She said this position is responsible for very high goals so she was looking for a very experienced personal banker but I didn't have any banking experience before. Obviously I didn't get an offer. The recruiter and the manager thought I have a banking experience for some reason.

Interview Questions

• How was your sales approach like to your clients in your previous job?
      Why did you choose to be a personal banker?
      Describe yourself.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Princeton, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

In campus interview; asked about markets and how I saw them. What I wanted out of interview. One probability question at the end that was very easy. Options

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (Warren, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

very detailed and straight forward. Focuses on your experience and what you have to offer the company. Employer focuses highly on your skill set and ability to work independent and in a team setting with minimal supervision. Overall experience was informative more like a meet and greet. Once you are selected to interview the team ensures you feel welcomed and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the position?   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New Brunswick, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Firstly, the employer talked the company and the position. Then let me introduce myself and talk about one of my projects. At last asked me a brain teaser question. Among the interview, the employer asked me about my C++ skill, maybe C++ skill is very important during the work.

Interview Questions

• There are 3 boxes. Each box includes 2 balls. The first one includes 2 black ball, the second one includes one black and one white and the last one includes 2 white balls. Pick 2 balls from one box. The first one is white. Then, what's the probability that the second one is also be a white?   2 Answers

Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Mount Laurel, NJ).

Interview

Very easy and down to earth interview. I was made to feel comfortable and the questions were typical of most interviews. I was referred to the position through a staffing agency and only as a part-time employee.

Vice President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and straight forward.

First round was a telephonic interview with lot of questions about previous projects to find out what you have done and how that can be applied to the current role.

After a week got the request for the in-person interview. The in-person interview also focused on what technologies were used, how it was used, previous project experience.

Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Citi ?
      What technologies have you used ?   Answer Question

BPO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by three managers, the first in a restaurant, and I paid for lunch. The second and third (senior manager) double teamed me. THe Senior manager was frustrated while the junior one loved the interaction.

Interview Questions

• How do you hold someone accountable   1 Answer

Cyber Investigative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Warren, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by an HR supervisor to schedule an interview about one or two weeks after I had submitted my resume on their online application system. Was given a specific location, but not the building number, so I was left guessing as to which building my interview was at. Eventually called security to find out where I was supposed to go. I also called the HR representative which scheduled the interview and she did not return my call.

The interview itself went well. Everyone was professional and polite, though occasionally I found myself trailing behind the supervisor/interviewer while he talked to an HR representative which was very awkward for me. In total, I met with one analyst, one supervisor, and two executives, and one HR representative. The HR representative seemed very clueless as to what kind of application the team was looking for.

I felt everything had gone quite well, though this was a technical position and there was no technical Q&A session which was extremely odd. They emphasized that they were looking to bring a recent college graduate onto their team and train that person from the ground up (too good to be true).

I did not receive any further communication from Citi after leaving the interviewer despite the HR representative stating that I should hear a definitive answer within "a few days" or "two to three weeks". My telephone call and email inquiries were not returned.

Build Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Warren, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and contacted by HR. They schedule a phone interview with hiring manager. During the phone interview the manager said he wants to hire me and he is so happy that he finally found someone with good communication skill. He is a Chinese and it sounded like the folks under him don't have that much communication skill. He also mentioned that there will be an in-person interview after a week to meet his boss, his peer and another lady from QA
    When I went there for in-person interview his boss didn't even shake hands and gave me a feeling that he didn't care. Asked some questions, answered them. Met with two other folks also.
    I sent a thank you note, followed-up with the hiring manager a week later. Here is the reply I got from him " I did not receive positive feedback from others as your technical skillset / experience did not fit strongly for the Build Manager position. If there are any other opportunities in the future, I will keep you in mind. "
    Well thing is those two folks are North Indian who speaks Hindi, I am a south Indian Christian, well they don't hire us. We are minority and this is what happens in India. It happens in US too.
    Well North Indians can get away with what they are doing because they can say like we speak Gujarati etc...All the North Indian languages are same like Hindi.
    75% of the Citi workers are from India who speaks particular language. They prepare their language folks for the interview by telling them what kind of question they are going to ask during interview etc…even if Americans involved in the process.
    One Hindi person will bring in another 100 Hindi person whether they are qualified or not and they will be trained at work in their language for hours together. Why at least half of these positions were not given to American?
    Well IT is sold out for particular group of people...

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Warren, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed by 4 SVP and Project manager for 3 hrs, Question on project management, tech Architecture, Technology, Some physics problem, some risk analysis question

Interview Questions

• Hiring Manager was asked me question, and didn't listen to the answer, comes back again ask something, then start talking over phone   Answer Question