Citi Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

546 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operational Risk Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Three personal panel STAR behavioral interview. Interview questions consisted of customer experience and team member development questions.

Last about an hour.

HR process is a little slow.

All communication done via email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw a team member struggling in their role? How did this make you feel?   Answer Question

Operational Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

1) Applied
    2) Got a phone call to set up an interview
    3) interview a couple days letter that last approximately 3o min.
    Explained the job, asked a few questions, then asked if I had any questions

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by a recruiter from the HR department. After a brief, screening interview over the phone, I was invited in to speak with a possible, future peer. Following that interview, I was invited back into the office to interview with the hiring manager as well as the hiring manager's manager.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

One phone interview, followed by a super day of 3-6 interview in one day. HR is very efficient and gets back to you in around 3 - 4 weeks. Usually 1 very hard interviewer who just wants to test how much you really know and wants to make you feel happy to get the offer.

Interview Questions

• How many people in Finland own skiis.   1 Answer

Client Service Administrator Advisor/Communications - Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I met with two people and they asked me about my experience of In-depth knowledge of securities products, systems and policies in handling financial advisors requests. They asked me what I did to prepare for the interview and I told them I brushed up on some of knowledge pertaining to structured notes and some others.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the thing you could tell me about yourself that you would like to improve.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with HR, my supervisor, and three bankers. Interviews were surprisingly relaxed, but I new my supervisor well, and he highly recommended me. The firm was accommodating and allowed for telephone interviews when travel was inconvenient.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was 30min late.
    All behavioral questions, approachable interviewers.
    It seems hard to progress within the department. Interviewers expect the new hire to stay in this position for approximately 3 years.
    No update since the interview, a month ago.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Involved 2 rounds. More conversational than anything else. Interviewers ended up answering a lot of questions about the group and work. A few simple questions on applicant's background and interest. No tough or abstract questions. Interviewers all very friendly.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (Hackensack, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an online assessment right after. The assessment was not that hard but you need to concentrate until the end. It was more difficult than PNC but easier than BOA. After submitting, I got a phone call from the recruiter the day after. It was very quick because the branch I applied for needed to fill a vacant position. The phone interview was very simple and smooth. Nothing complicated and the recruiter asked some questions about my resume. After about 10min long interview, he said I will be getting another phone call from the branch. I got another call from the branch and set up an appointment with the branch manager. The usual hiring process of Citi is not this fast.
    The interview with the branch manager was kinda tough. She asked several questions like how was my sales approach like in my previous work and why I chose to be a banker and other personal things. She said this position is responsible for very high goals so she was looking for a very experienced personal banker but I didn't have any banking experience before. Obviously I didn't get an offer. The recruiter and the manager thought I have a banking experience for some reason.

Interview Questions

• How was your sales approach like to your clients in your previous job?
      Why did you choose to be a personal banker?
      Describe yourself.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It took 3 weeks in total. I got a super day invitation 2 weeks after the 1st round interview. 1st round interview consisted of only 3 questions and took 20 minutes. Super day took 4~5 hours and I took 1 math and 1 programming test prior to meeting 4 interviewers in a row.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of sort algorithms do you know? write down Black Scholes formula. Write down coefficients of linear regression   Answer Question