Citi Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

525 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. Week 1 first round of interview- 30 min. Little bit of technical knowledge tested by asking knowledge based questions. Behavior too. Week 2 final round merely a 15 min interview w a few questions similar to first round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to manage a conflict in your team   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

1 round of phone interview followed by 3 Rounds of technical and Mathematical interviews which took about 3.5 hours. All 3 rounds were conducted on the same day. They are flexible with interview scheduling.

Interview Questions

• Write a SQL query to find the repeated items in a column (those that occur more than once)   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round was a phone interview and most of it was about behavior questions. The next day I got a super day invitation in NY. The super day consisted of three parts - a programming test, a math test and face-to-face interviews. The programming test was about some basic algorithms and features of OOP. During the interview, I was asked a lot about econometrics so I think it's quite important. I got an offer the day after super day.

Interview Questions

• In a linear regression, how to deal with two correlated independent variables?   Answer Question

Human Resources Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Resume screen, followed by two on-campus interviews. Invited to a super day at their corporate office, which consisted of three interviews with high-level individuals. Every interview was very conversational, it seemed easy as long as you directed the discussion toward your strengths and experience. Each interviewer was friendly, and for the super day they inform you who you will be meeting with, which helps you to tailor questions toward the individual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an ethical dilemma you have experienced and how you responded   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have working with data   Answer Question
    • What is essential to developing a successful benefits strategy   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a problem you experienced in a team and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

A preliminary phone interview was strictly behavioral/fit questions. The superday was split into four parts; leadership/teamwork, experience, technical, and a case study. Not too many difficult questions. At the end, I had to present my findings in the case study and make a recommendation for a hypothetical company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a cultural barrier. What was the situation and how did you deal with it? What was the outcome? Could you have done anything differently in the given scenario?   1 Answer

Sophomore Leadership Program Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Application process consisted of an online application, first-round phone interview, and a superday with 3 25 minute 1-on-1 interviews. All of the interviews were behavioral, but I suggest also keeping up on current events (Citi related or otherwise). Be prepared to talk extensively about your resume and why you're interested in the rotational program (Make sure to show interest in all FO positions).

Technical Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

One on site interview with Citi, the interviewer asked me some mid level programming questions, and also did resume questions. They seemed very nice, but I was a little nervous and didn't perform as well as I hoped for.

Interview Questions

• Java data structure questions, i.e. differences between ArrayList and LinkedList, ArrayList vs Vector.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process in itself was fairly easy; I applied online, as well as got an employee referral and then got a phone interview about one month later. The interviewer pretty much grilled me about everything.

Interview Questions

• What was one article you read lately that interested you?   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

It is a group interview for Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Position at HK. We had 7 people in our group, and we were given a case study (a recent news) with 10 minutes to read. Then we were brought to another room to have a discussion of this case with a MD who was the interviewer.

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It was smooth and people were nice. Turned out to be a group interview though, which really surprised me. We started off with analyzing news articles they gave us, then a 15-minute discussion. The interviewer then proceeded on giving us an M&A case and told us to discuss the potential valuation factors.