Citi Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.8

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

After filling out the application online I got a phone call from one of the recruiters in HR. I set up an in person interview for the following week. I met with the hiring manager and another executive. They asked pretty basic why should we hire you and why do you want this position questions. I got a phone call a week later and got the job!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Went to the citi campus and had two 30 minute interview sessions with a total of 4 people. All pretty basic resume and situational questions. Able to ask questions at the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL).

Interview

There were 3 interviews. The first was a 2 rounds with 2 people from the team. My second invitation for an interview was with the team lead and my third was a phone with the VP. They asked all generic and some industry specific questions. Most were primarily about team work and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Q: If presented with two situations that needed your attention by end of day how would you delegate handling both situations in a timely manner?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Getzville, NY).

Interview

There were two interviews: an initial meeting with one manager, then a larger "group" interview (many candidates and separate meetings with multiple managers). The initial interview could've just been a phone interview (basic "get to know you" kind of questions) and the second round (the "group") felt oddly competitive/not welcoming. All the candidate were in a one room together, then called to interview (a total of 3 interviews) with different managers (each "testing" a different subject/skill). There wasn't any "true" testing of skills (e.g. no computer or written tests) just answering questions in a face-to-face setting.

I'm not sure they still do this as the Operations Analyst program was scrapped, but they probably still do something like this for new graduates.

Interview Questions

• It has been nearly six years since this interview so I don't remember any of the questions. There were the normal stumbling blocks though (i.e."So tell me about yourself...)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed twice with two different groups of two department managers. Fairly quick sessions, the interviewers were nice yet down to the point. The questions were about work experience and how you've handled different situations and people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What would you say your strength and weakness is, Why Citi and why the position. What do you know about the company etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR for an exploratory interview, then met the team & 2 directors. After making it past the first round, rendezvousing with HR, the final round was met with hostility and a sarcastic attitude by one of the hiring managers. She sat with her arms folded, staring me down. A bit intimidating and left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Afterwards, wasn't contacted by anyone even though I inquired about my candidacy. The way they treat potential candidates is pretty awful as they don't respond or keep you in the loop.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking at the banks now even though your experience is in the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

First, escorted into a private room and then begin with the interview. The first interviewer asks typical behavioral interview questions, asks about your experiences, and what are some things you have to offer and what are some plans for the future in bettering yourself. After finished with the first interviewer, he or she escorts you to another room to be interviewed by another person.

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New Castle, DE) in April 2015.

Interview

I was approached by a Citi recruiter after I submitted my resume on the University career services site. It was two rounds of interviewing, where I met with two different people each time. They just asked behavioral questions, no case studies or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you experienced conflict with a position of higher authority - how did you address this person / problem?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy if you prepare, really just be yourself, it was two back to back interviews 30 minutes each with different reps. The interview was held in my school and then was invited to super-day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied on campus and went to my career fair to network with the analyst. Received an email for an on campus interview with a week, then after that received an email for a super day in NewYork. Interview questions were pretty basic, mostly behavioral. Asked me a lot about the program.