Citi Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.8

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL).

Interview

There were 3 interviews. The first was a 2 rounds with 2 people from the team. My second invitation for an interview was with the team lead and my third was a phone with the VP. They asked all generic and some industry specific questions. Most were primarily about team work and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Q: If presented with two situations that needed your attention by end of day how would you delegate handling both situations in a timely manner?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Four 20-minute one-on-one interviews, followed by a 1 hour group exercise. The one-on-one interviews were very technical, while the group exercise was aimed towards seeing how you work within a team using softer skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the euro-dollar exchange rate and how does it compare with the euro-dollar exchange rate during the euro crisis?
      Explain Dodd-Frank and how it affects Operations.
      Explain Quantitative Easing and how it affects Bond prices, yields, and interest rates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

After filling out the application online I got a phone call from one of the recruiters in HR. I set up an in person interview for the following week. I met with the hiring manager and another executive. They asked pretty basic why should we hire you and why do you want this position questions. I got a phone call a week later and got the job!

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in January 2016.

Interview

The first round was a phone screen with someone from the Human Resource Department: this involved basic resume-related and behavioral questions, also asked about Citi's business and outlook in the location I applied for.

Second round was a video interview: also behavioral but it involved questions about the Indonesian economy and the role of Citi as a Foreign Bank (exposed to a lot of regulation, etc).

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Went to the citi campus and had two 30 minute interview sessions with a total of 4 people. All pretty basic resume and situational questions. Able to ask questions at the end.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Simple CV upload, assessment centre which included a competency interview, a group task, and 2 numerical tests. Very straight forward process it took in the region of 3 hours to complete everything.

Interview Questions

• When have you handled a difficult task how did you overcome it. What is your greatest achievement and why have you applied to Citi.How can you work under pressure provide us with a recent example. What sort or p;person are you and what are your hobbies, do they match the citi profile.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed twice with two different groups of two department managers. Fairly quick sessions, the interviewers were nice yet down to the point. The questions were about work experience and how you've handled different situations and people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What would you say your strength and weakness is, Why Citi and why the position. What do you know about the company etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Getzville, NY).

Interview

There were two interviews: an initial meeting with one manager, then a larger "group" interview (many candidates and separate meetings with multiple managers). The initial interview could've just been a phone interview (basic "get to know you" kind of questions) and the second round (the "group") felt oddly competitive/not welcoming. All the candidate were in a one room together, then called to interview (a total of 3 interviews) with different managers (each "testing" a different subject/skill). There wasn't any "true" testing of skills (e.g. no computer or written tests) just answering questions in a face-to-face setting.

I'm not sure they still do this as the Operations Analyst program was scrapped, but they probably still do something like this for new graduates.

Interview Questions

• It has been nearly six years since this interview so I don't remember any of the questions. There were the normal stumbling blocks though (i.e."So tell me about yourself...)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR for an exploratory interview, then met the team & 2 directors. After making it past the first round, rendezvousing with HR, the final round was met with hostility and a sarcastic attitude by one of the hiring managers. She sat with her arms folded, staring me down. A bit intimidating and left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Afterwards, wasn't contacted by anyone even though I inquired about my candidacy. The way they treat potential candidates is pretty awful as they don't respond or keep you in the loop.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking at the banks now even though your experience is in the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Unnecessarily long
    Two interviews with 2 panels and then on to a group project
    Was what I would imagine applying to a call centre was like only a lot longer
    Took four hours or so. Was a waste of time and a lot of unnecessary aspects.
    Applying for a job that is actually very simple and the interview was as if you were applying for a surgeons role