Citi Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.8

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Went to the citi campus and had two 30 minute interview sessions with a total of 4 people. All pretty basic resume and situational questions. Able to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL).

Interview

There were 3 interviews. The first was a 2 rounds with 2 people from the team. My second invitation for an interview was with the team lead and my third was a phone with the VP. They asked all generic and some industry specific questions. Most were primarily about team work and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Q: If presented with two situations that needed your attention by end of day how would you delegate handling both situations in a timely manner?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Simple CV upload, assessment centre which included a competency interview, a group task, and 2 numerical tests. Very straight forward process it took in the region of 3 hours to complete everything.

Interview Questions

• When have you handled a difficult task how did you overcome it. What is your greatest achievement and why have you applied to Citi.How can you work under pressure provide us with a recent example. What sort or p;person are you and what are your hobbies, do they match the citi profile.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed twice with two different groups of two department managers. Fairly quick sessions, the interviewers were nice yet down to the point. The questions were about work experience and how you've handled different situations and people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What would you say your strength and weakness is, Why Citi and why the position. What do you know about the company etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Getzville, NY).

Interview

There were two interviews: an initial meeting with one manager, then a larger "group" interview (many candidates and separate meetings with multiple managers). The initial interview could've just been a phone interview (basic "get to know you" kind of questions) and the second round (the "group") felt oddly competitive/not welcoming. All the candidate were in a one room together, then called to interview (a total of 3 interviews) with different managers (each "testing" a different subject/skill). There wasn't any "true" testing of skills (e.g. no computer or written tests) just answering questions in a face-to-face setting.

I'm not sure they still do this as the Operations Analyst program was scrapped, but they probably still do something like this for new graduates.

Interview Questions

• It has been nearly six years since this interview so I don't remember any of the questions. There were the normal stumbling blocks though (i.e."So tell me about yourself...)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR for an exploratory interview, then met the team & 2 directors. After making it past the first round, rendezvousing with HR, the final round was met with hostility and a sarcastic attitude by one of the hiring managers. She sat with her arms folded, staring me down. A bit intimidating and left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Afterwards, wasn't contacted by anyone even though I inquired about my candidacy. The way they treat potential candidates is pretty awful as they don't respond or keep you in the loop.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking at the banks now even though your experience is in the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Unnecessarily long
    Two interviews with 2 panels and then on to a group project
    Was what I would imagine applying to a call centre was like only a lot longer
    Took four hours or so. Was a waste of time and a lot of unnecessary aspects.
    Applying for a job that is actually very simple and the interview was as if you were applying for a surgeons role

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New Castle, DE) in April 2015.

Interview

I was approached by a Citi recruiter after I submitted my resume on the University career services site. It was two rounds of interviewing, where I met with two different people each time. They just asked behavioral questions, no case studies or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you experienced conflict with a position of higher authority - how did you address this person / problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

three interviews in one day, one with HR(tele-interview), one with general management, one with department manager. basically they interviewed you for general requirement ( graduation date, availability, when planning taking professional exams etc,) the department manager wants to see your problem solving ability and how quickly you would respond to emergency issues.

Interview Questions

• describe a job crisis/dilemma that you faced and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Getzville, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I got to interview there twice. The interviews were fairly well balanced. They mainly asked some general question about myself, the financial markets, and the structure of the company. I got the position and what they are looking for was someone who they could work into a good employee, not necessarily someone super knowledgeable