Citi Programmer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Programmer Analyst Interview Questions

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

phone screen with basic tech questions
then an in person with coding test on the white board and a quiz covering everything - Java, sql, unix
got the offer in 3 weeks

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of interview, 1st is telephone interview, 2nd and 3rd are onsite interviews. Basically java quesiton and simple math questions. Some design pattern questions. At the 3rd onsite, there is a test for java knowledge

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

1 Telephonic , 1 Onsite interview @Buffalo . Basic object oriented programming questions, core java based questions, collections, jsp and some knowledge of web services and jsp expected.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Core Java standard questions, basic database questions , questions on recursion

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Portland, ME).

Interview

It was out of college - so fairly informal. Met with future boss and superior, answered several technical questsions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty One sided. They presented the offer, and there was no negotiation available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Our Application Developers are expected to propose suitable solutions to a variety of common programming problems. Candidates should have a fundamental understanding of current programming / multi-threading and familiarity with basic concepts of relational databases and a working knowledge of either C# or Java (e.g. final year project, projects worked on at home) should be demonstrated to design and build technology software solutions to meet business requirements

Interview Questions

• “What is OOP (define encapsulation, polymorphism)?”   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Boston, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

Very easy - since they needed my skills

Interview Questions

• The usual schmoo about weaknesses   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received what I asked for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

Round-robin of inteviews. Three people total for their 'superday'. Each person is assigned a different category to interview. They included: personality, background, and technical.

The technical interview consisted of writing out code for several different algorithms. I was asked to write out a function that traverses through a linked list in reverse minimizing the amount of times through.

Also I was asked about different sorting algorithms and to write them out.

The two non-technical people were easy to talk to. The technical guy had no personality, so sense of humor and seemed like he'd rather be at his desk doing work than meeting potential employees.

Interview Questions

• Write out the code to print out all the values of a linked-list in reverse.   Answer Question
    • What is quick sort? How useful is it? Write out the code for it.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was given a phone interview with a recruiter. They asked me several basic questions about myself, about my experience, my previous salary, my salary expectations, etc. They told me that they would get back to me within a few days. Shortly after the review they informed me that the position had been withdrawn. I suspect that the job was never seriously on offer and that they used this process to get my details on file.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi in December 2010.

Interview

Consisted of resume based shortlist followed by an hour long technical test. After that there was a half hour long technical interview which focussed on basic concepts and general programming questions. This was followed by an HR interview to test my confidence and ability to work in a team with people from diverse background.

Interview Questions

• There was some strange database problem where i was asked to devise a mechanism to store and retrieve data more efficiently. I replied with something not that confidently. They moved on to next one quickly.   Answer Question