Citi Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

3.2

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a first round phone interview where some basic behavioral and technical questions were asked. Then I was invited to NYC for a super day which consists of a math (half an hour) and programming test (one hour), then followed by 4 face to face interviews. Overall the people are great and chill, very nice experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

I get the on campus interview. One behavior question and the others are all about math and probability. From what I remembered: calculate the conditional probability; Fibonacci number; clock angle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First Round: Phone call for 30 min, basic probability questions and some probability questions.
    Final Round: 4 round of interviews in NYC office, along with 30 min math test and 1 hour programming test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It took 3 weeks in total. I got a super day invitation 2 weeks after the 1st round interview. 1st round interview consisted of only 3 questions and took 20 minutes. Super day took 4~5 hours and I took 1 math and 1 programming test prior to meeting 4 interviewers in a row.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of sort algorithms do you know? write down Black Scholes formula. Write down coefficients of linear regression   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

applied by a referral got a reply from the Hr who scheduled an phone interview with a member of the quant team. the guy was not very nice and was talking like a robot (not a very human experience)

Interview Questions

• what algorithm could you propose fro sorting positive or negative integers from a set?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

1st round is a phone interview with a business professional. The phone interview was straightforward , questions about resume, explain project experience, what specific area do you find interesting and why, tell me how you applied problem-solving skills to a particular problem. The interviewer was nice and the interview was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me how you applied problem-solving skills to a particular problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It's a phone interview. Asked about 5 questions in 30 minutes. All technical questions, including probability, statistics, and algorithm. The questions are easy at the beginning, but harder later. You may do well if you have prepared for some while.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

My process included two rounds: a phone interview followed by a final round superday.

First round phone interview was all quantitative questions: one programming question, one options question, fixed income questions, and probability questions.

Second round had a programming test, written math test, then four interviews.

Interview Questions

• One question I remember from the Superday was the St. Petersburg paradox.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through the referral of a recruiter for another program. It was a simple phone interview, it was scheduled to take 30 minutes but we ended up going for 45. The interviewer first introduced the program in the start of the call, then proceeded to ask me 3 fairly simple probability questions to gauge my quantitative skills. After that, there was an opportunity to have some open dialogue and ask the recruiter any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What is the number of coins you need to flip simultaneously to have at least a 90% chance of getting at least one head?   2 Answers
    • Person A flips a coin. If he lands heads, he wins. If he lands tails, player B flips the coin. If player B lands heads, he wins. If he lands tails, player A goes again, until somebody lands heads. What is the probability that player A will win this game?   1 Answer
    • There is a game where you roll a die. You win money for whatever you roll ($1 if you roll a 1, $2 if you roll a 2, etc). If you are unhappy with your first roll, you are able to roll the die a second time. If you roll the die a second time, only your second roll determines the payout. What is a fair price to charge to play this game?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. First he asked me about my story, and then asked me to introduce one of my internships. Later he moved on to ask me about market. Also a behavioral question "how do you resolve a conflict". 2 quant questions were asked in the end. It took 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your story; Intern experiences; Insights on market; and 2 quantitative questions.
      One is a probability question about poker cards, another is a programming question on how to get the nth Fibbonacci number   1 Answer