Citi Risk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Risk Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

With the Recruiter went over the resume and discussed how the experience matched with the position requirements. After first interview the hiring manager set up a phone interview, one week later I was meeting with the hiring manager and two people from his team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Famous camel/banana problem.

Interview Questions

• This position is not directly related to the skill-set you indicated on your resume. How are you prepared to overcome that?   Answer Question
    • camel/banana problem   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't try negotiating due to my lack of experience in the industry at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Elk Grove Village, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

One round of phone interview with the recruiter . Few days later phone interview with the hiring manager , was technical interview asking lot of questions.. He was nice guy . Then one week later onsite interview with 5 managers . 2 managers really grilled me whereas the other 3 interviews focussed on the questions related to the job . Good interview experience

Interview Questions

• Probability questions   1 Answer
    • credit card related questions ..line increase and other terms   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi in June 2009.

Interview

A group interview involving general periodical questions like "How does the Vulker ruleaffect risk management?" and "What do you think about the new Basle 3 directives?".

This was followed up by some more technical questions on risk management on credit and equity problems. Describe the risk factors involved when looking after a convertibe bond, where are the risks? How do you hedge them? Describe the product and so on. It wasn't very maths focused, if you could talk through the product you were fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Dallas, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

I found the opportunity through the career database on-campus. I filled the application forms online and got the phone call from citi one week later. The HR started by asking general background question, asking me to introduce myself and talk about my previous work experience, etc. The HR did not ask me any behavioral question though. Because he told me that actually the hiring manager reviewed my application and is interested in my background. So the HR just did a routine talk on me and brought me on-site. The on-site interview was all conducted in the risk group. I was asked many statistics questions. I thought I did well but i didn't got an offer at end.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was relatively straightforward, mainly on what you did during your course and questions related to the job I applied.

The interviewing session took place at their Dublin office and the session took place in one of their meeting rooms. There were 2 interviewers and they are really friendly, you are free to ask them any questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine counterparty credit risk exposure?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The whole interview process was nice and friendly. The recruiter was nice. But unfortunately I did not get the offer at the end. But it was still a good practice.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview starts from the HR with some general questions. Then, there are six 1:1 interviews with current VPs, quant associates, etc. They are super nice. The contents of the interviews differ from one interviewer to another. Some interviewers focus on technical questions while some focus on your background. The interview questions cover from algorithm, statistics, stochastic calculus to financial basics and option pricing.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

After I passed the online test (which was very difficult, I thought I couldn't pass it but I guess the overall results were not very high either), I got an invitation for telephone interview: 2 30-minute telephone interviews, one about general motivational questions and competency questions, one about specific technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why you apply to Citi?
      Tell me a time when you deal with an unethical issue?
      What do you think are the biggest concerns for banking industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview and questions were all like behavior questions such as what was my strengths and weaknesses. I was also asked to answer some probability questions but they were not hard.