Citi Risk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Risk Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was relatively straightforward, mainly on what you did during your course and questions related to the job I applied.

The interviewing session took place at their Dublin office and the session took place in one of their meeting rooms. There were 2 interviewers and they are really friendly, you are free to ask them any questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine counterparty credit risk exposure?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The whole interview process was nice and friendly. The recruiter was nice. But unfortunately I did not get the offer at the end. But it was still a good practice.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview starts from the HR with some general questions. Then, there are six 1:1 interviews with current VPs, quant associates, etc. They are super nice. The contents of the interviews differ from one interviewer to another. Some interviewers focus on technical questions while some focus on your background. The interview questions cover from algorithm, statistics, stochastic calculus to financial basics and option pricing.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

After I passed the online test (which was very difficult, I thought I couldn't pass it but I guess the overall results were not very high either), I got an invitation for telephone interview: 2 30-minute telephone interviews, one about general motivational questions and competency questions, one about specific technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why you apply to Citi?
      Tell me a time when you deal with an unethical issue?
      What do you think are the biggest concerns for banking industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Troy, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through college. it was a on campus interview. Recruiters are nice. The first interview consists of 2 parts, behavior part and technical part.Both takes 30 minutes. The technical questions are easy. You need to be familiar with probability theory and statistics.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Relaxed, easy interview process. Mostly behavioral. Cared more about how smart you are / whether you can think quickly on your feet than whether you know a lot of finance/risk specifics.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview and questions were all like behavior questions such as what was my strengths and weaknesses. I was also asked to answer some probability questions but they were not hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

three round phone interview with technique questions related to stochastic calculus, stats, coding, asset pricing. be prepared with solving probability problem, correlation problem, eigen value and know your resume well.

Interview Questions

• what's the difference between brownian motion and random walk   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

With the Recruiter went over the resume and discussed how the experience matched with the position requirements. After first interview the hiring manager set up a phone interview, one week later I was meeting with the hiring manager and two people from his team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. One on one. Mostly behavioral (i.e. walk me through resume, why risk, why citi, etc.). Asked a brain teaser involving simple geometry mostly to test your abstract thinking skills. The interview was not bad at all and we were promised turnaround by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you clashed with a team member?   Answer Question