Citi Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (O'Fallon, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of multiple phone interviews with HR and the business managers; as well as multiple in person interviews culminating with a panel discusssion. There were many questions specific to the business, the position, my past, as well as some general skills and problem solving questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I have handled challenges in the past.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a shoo-in. They already knew from my resume that they wanted me - the interview was just a formality to make sure I could present myself as well as my resume said I could. It was perhaps the easiest interview I have ever had. I am grateful for that.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach gathering business requirements and creating functional design documents?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

One appointment, met with five different employees - some higher, some would be colleagues. Job description is useless as jobs there are totally fluid based on changing focus of group CFO.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy, I think they liked my resume or, didn't like any other candidates   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

digest them and position yourself accordingly: The People Interviewing You May Dread Interviewing You. The Hiring Team May Not (Yet) Have Clarity on the True Needs for This Role. They Will Subconsciously Judge You Before You Open Your Mouth. They May Not Extend the Offer to the “Most Qualified” Person.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in January 2014.

Interview

After getting a phone call to setup an interview I came into the site. I sat with 3 managers over the course of an hour and a half to 2 hours.

I met with 1 Vice President, 1 Sr Vice President, and 1 Director. The Director was a softball interview as he was the last person and assumed everything else had been covered by his 2 directs.

The Vice President didn't really seem to have a good grasp on the group's responsibilities. There had been a lot of turn over (3 people on a 5 person team left) and they needed someone who was looking for an opportunity to prove him or herself.

The SVP reiterated similar lines. They asked mostly basic questions anyone with a 3.0 in any college subject could answer. Then they asked extremely niche questions relating to the position. I answered honestly and with the niche questions, when I said I didn't know, they said they could train me.

Interview Questions

I declined because the managers seemed really green and unequipped to do their jobs.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Asked about project experience and talked about potential role. Talked about the project in question being hired for.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Started with a single phone interview followed by one singe session of in person interviews. Met with the direct hiring manager, two other members of the team plus the department head. Management was very open about the risk of the project - very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview - went over my experience followed by the description of the role and the project being hired for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

Very quick interview process from the original recruiter call to the interview was one day.
    They tell you what building to go to for the interview but not that there are several garages and you can end up parking on the other side of campus. Very high security, make sure you take your ID or you will not get it. Beautiful building and grounds, very bright and looks recently updated.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest question you have ever been asked at an interview? – What was your answer?   Answer Question
    • Name your 3 best and worst traits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Due to my experiance there was just a phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted mainly of the hiring manager describing the job in great detail. I then went over my work experience. There were a few situational questions, such as, how you would handle adversity and gaining a consensus from multiple people. I thought the interview went very well. Unfortunately, communication from HR was non-existent. I attempted to follow up with the HR recruiter but no calls were returned. Several months later, I received an email that thanked me for my time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you disagreed with a decision made by management.   Answer Question