Citi Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Citi

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Warren, NJ) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone Interview first. It took around 40 mins. With behavior questions like why do you want to change current job. Why do you choose Citi? Then several technical questions on Java with memory layout of the heap/stack/garbage collector. When talked about I am using Java version 8, questions on stream/completablefuture/lambda comes.

Interview Questions

• Explain the marker interface and default method in interface?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2009.

Interview

I was being interviewed for position of SSAS 2005 developer. I got this contingent offer from one company who already had many of their consultants placed with the client. The whole interview lasted for around 20 minutes. The interviewer asked few questions about my past experience and was generally pleased. He asked me about semi-additive measures and named queries in particular. I explained it correctly. I thought interview went pretty well but I did not get the offer. I believe he had already made his mind before interviewing me because I don't recall any question that I couldn't answer correctly. I too didn't press the middle company as the job was a long commute.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in February 2015.

Interview

The process of interviewing with Citi's Engineering dept. was unprofessional. The hiring manager missed our initial phone interview without any notice, and then the HR recruiter tells me to let him know if and when the manager calls by COB, assuming I was going to wait the rest of the day for the interview. We rescheduled the phone interview for the following day.

The person interviewing me had a very deep accent and I had to ask multiple times to repeat the question. The questions were easy and not deeply technical, but in less than 24 hours of business day they decided to go "with another person," even though I know I did well in answering the questions. Seems like they already made their decision prior to my interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in September 2017.

Interview

3 technical rounds followed by 1 managerial round.

Technical rounds was awesome. But in managerial round i dont understand how can you judge a person in 30 min conversation that they are good fit for the organisation or not.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi in July 2015.

Interview

The process was moderate at difficulty level but had a lot of rounds. They tested technical skills, behavioural skills and temperament to tackle real life issues in software industry. In all there were 5 rounds but I believe the technical round was the key.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Terrible Experience, totally two persons interviewed me, they are demotivating me and they wanted to show their skills instead of interviewing me. doesn't have people management skill. I decided not to work under them even if I get the offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Citi (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 1 brief technical phone interview + 4 meetings (in this order): data engineer, software dev team lead, architect and HR. Subsequently they asked for references. Then comes expectation (salary) coordination (WAY too late in the process). Be sure to LEAD with your salary expectations, or you'll be wasting your time (as, it turns out, I have wasted mine).

Interview Questions

• Describe an implementation of a stack that allows us to perform the following operations in O(1) time: push, pop, max.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Pune (India)) in June 2018.

Interview

- They called on Friday for interview.
    - Process was to be completed in 2 hours
    - Still they took complete one day.
    - I completed all the technical rounds.
    - At the end of the day, I was told by HR that there will be one more round and I need to come again to their office for this round on week day.
    - After that they never contacted.
    - They wasted my whole working day.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi in May 2011.

Interview

Initial contact was with vendor for a contract position. Basic questions regarding experience were asked.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Distributed client server architecture