Citi Senior Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Senior Vice President Interview Questions

Interviews at Citi

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview went smoothly, and in a pleasant process. It last about 30-45 minutes. It contains both technical and non technical questions. It is not a very difficult process. It is more a mutual understanding process.

Interview Questions

• How do you think that you can fit in this position well?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

interviewed internally with the hiring manager, the manager wanted to know more about specific experience within the field rather than transferable skills. all in all with a brief interviewed seemed like the manager already has someone else in mind

Interview Questions

• name time when you had to solve difficulty problem? what did you do and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Hired in after consultant work.... so didn't follow the normal process. I was interviewed for the consulting work but that was straightforward and basically ensuring my skill set matched their need. No difficult questions or cases.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Standard phone call followed up with multi-person one-on-one interviews. First contact by HR and once cleared, a day at the firm with multiple interviews by heads and members of different teams. After this session, a second on-site interview process with "internal clients" as a last part.

Interview Questions

• Standard geared to your experience vs. the job requirements and your views. Technical questions to test your mettle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Harrison, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

They had me speak to six people because they thought I might be a fit for another position in addition to the original. I didn't apply to the second position because I wasn't qualified so many of my answers were about experiences and capabilities I didn't have. The discussions about the role I applied to went well but they seemed unsure about what they wanted the position to do. After a couple months there was no response from the recruiters, seemed unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How many global programs have you executed upon? Describe them and how you navigated a matrix environment.   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process took well over a month to find the right candidate... There was several rounds of interviews some in great detail, some not so much. I was given the opportunity to meet the entire Global Risk Team that I would work with on a daily basis. The rapport was very good within the team members.

Interview Questions

• what's the most pressing operational risk issue we have today, from a macro economic point of view?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very fair and transparent from both ends.

Senior Vice President Interview

Interview

I was hired as a full time employee based on my work as a consultant. They wanted me to convert as a full time position. I was torn because this position was a Senior Vice President position and my salary was at a Director level. I was at the salary cap limit for a SVP..

Negotiation

Long and painful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

HR prescreening , followed by hiring manager interview. Hr was very professional and oddly seemed to understand constraints and challenges more than the hiring manager. This is one instance where I would go and work for the company based on my interactions with HR, but not as a result of the experience from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager - Describe your greatest failure and what that was , followed by some generic questions. HR was much more thorough and on the ball. Hiring manager seemed very formulaic.   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Citi in April 2011.

Interview

I met with the person who was going to be my managing director. I did not know at the time he was new to the company and was not secure in his role. He did not play politics well and was not well received as he was let go 6 months later. I therefore had no one to mentor or sponsor me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was long and drawn out. They wound up downgrading the role after leaving me dangling for 4 months telling me they were interested thinking I was going to A and it did not happen

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

3 rounds - first two were fine, the last was meh. If you know what you are doing you should pass with flying colors. The biggest obstacle is really the hiring manager getting enough time or rememberingn to process the paperwork.