Citi Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was really short in my case, supposedly because I was a local candidate with work experience. Had a 45mins phone conversation with the Manager. The conversation was mostly behavioral

The manager discussed about what his team was doing and then proceeded to ask my experience and projects I worked on. The interview went really well.

At this point I was expecting an Onsite interview but behold, in two days I get an email for the on-boarding process. It was unbelievable and unexpected. I submitted all the documents they needed and was told that they are working on getting approvals and all for my offer and would take a week or so. I was quite excited at this point.

Two weeks in and finally a response comes in. I was told that they won't be offering me as they are looking for more experienced candidate. I was shocked and speechless at this. Never have I seen such an interview where you are told an offer is on its way only to be rejected later with an absurd reason which could have been communicated even before the interview process has begun.

I learnt my lesson that day - Never trust anyone until the offer is in hand.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted via an agent. First round was a technical phone interview followed by onsite interviews. Each onsite session was about 50 min with technical challenges. Most of interviewers I met were not well prepared for the interviews. I was asked random questions that would not directly relate to the job. I felt like they were trying to show me that they were smarter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Athens, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was an interview based at a career fair and they were pressuring down on their leadership program out of college, which required relocation which was not in my wheelhouse. The interviewer went over logistics and progression of the role and all the possibilities for advancement in the company. Overall it went okay, but I chose not to take the offer since my fiance is still in school and I'll be tethered in the state for the near future.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Made a transition form co-op to full time.The interviews process was very easy as i was making a transition from intern to full time in the same team. I have given it my best, but the reward hasn't been there

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

There were three 30 min on both Behavioral and Technical interviews back to back. Reviewed resume and asked about it. Also technical questions about traversing binary trees and different algorithms and data types etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewer is polite, he talks about his role in Citi as a security team manager. The internship will be either 8 weeks or 10 weeks, it's in Dallas. To be honest, it's a regular behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself
      -What specific roles are you interested at
      -There will be second rounds   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Talked to them at a career fair and interviewed the next day. They were very friendly and the interview was rather relaxed. I was surprised they wanted me to interview as I was not well trained in the field they were hiring in, Information Security, but they were insistent that I come anyways.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how I go about identifying and solving a problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

No clarity on interview process , they followed different process for different people based on recommendations. Few had only 2 rounds few had 5. I don't know on what basis they select the people , I had technical round which was really good and I was sure but they made me to wait till end of the day and when I asked them then they searched for resume and feedback as not cleared. Worst experience ever....

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New Delhi (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

i applied through university. there were two rounds . first round was of 2 hrs which was divided into modules .1. Technical question 2.Quantitative aptitude 3.Logical aptitude 4.programming questions
    1 hr was for first three module and 1hr was for 4th round(programming)
    after that on next day there was Personal interview. make sure you do programming question correctly all of them. there was NO question from Dynamic programming. make sure to revise OOPS concepts.
    do programming ques ,it was not tough.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus, process took one day. There were three round 1: Aptitude Round , Aptitude round is same as taking Amcat Test 2: Technical Interview and 3: HR+Technical round : Basic questions like Tell me about yourself, What did you pursue M.Tech, Family Background, question on oops.

Interview Questions

• Interview Question:
      1. Most of Questions were based on OOPS concepts and their daily life examples.
      2. Some simple program like reverse of linked list, Binary search etc.   Answer Question