Citi Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Citi

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Talked to them at a career fair and interviewed the next day. They were very friendly and the interview was rather relaxed. I was surprised they wanted me to interview as I was not well trained in the field they were hiring in, Information Security, but they were insistent that I come anyways.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how I go about identifying and solving a problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Dallas, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

3 rounds of phone and an in-person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes. You can negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Met at Carrer Fair
    Gave in resume
    On campus interview a week later
    Easy questions, one on one OCR interview.
    It wasn't very hard.
    Met at Carrer Fair
    Gave in resume
    On campus interview a week later
    Easy questions, one on one OCR interview.
    It wasn't very hard.

Interview Questions

• Data structures, Algorithms, Basic programming concepts   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

There were three 30 min on both Behavioral and Technical interviews back to back. Reviewed resume and asked about it. Also technical questions about traversing binary trees and different algorithms and data types etc.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Made a transition form co-op to full time.The interviews process was very easy as i was making a transition from intern to full time in the same team. I have given it my best, but the reward hasn't been there

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewer is polite, he talks about his role in Citi as a security team manager. The internship will be either 8 weeks or 10 weeks, it's in Dallas. To be honest, it's a regular behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself
      -What specific roles are you interested at
      -There will be second rounds   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted via an agent. First round was a technical phone interview followed by onsite interviews. Each onsite session was about 50 min with technical challenges. Most of interviewers I met were not well prepared for the interviews. I was asked random questions that would not directly relate to the job. I felt like they were trying to show me that they were smarter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was really short in my case, supposedly because I was a local candidate with work experience. Had a 45mins phone conversation with the Manager. The conversation was mostly behavioral

The manager discussed about what his team was doing and then proceeded to ask my experience and projects I worked on. The interview went really well.

At this point I was expecting an Onsite interview but behold, in two days I get an email for the on-boarding process. It was unbelievable and unexpected. I submitted all the documents they needed and was told that they are working on getting approvals and all for my offer and would take a week or so. I was quite excited at this point.

Two weeks in and finally a response comes in. I was told that they won't be offering me as they are looking for more experienced candidate. I was shocked and speechless at this. Never have I seen such an interview where you are told an offer is on its way only to be rejected later with an absurd reason which could have been communicated even before the interview process has begun.

I learnt my lesson that day - Never trust anyone until the offer is in hand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First there was phone call with HR over my interest and everything. There there was coding challenge with team member online. Then after that there was whole day interview with the team onsite. Generally it was good experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied Online. HR scheduled one Face to Face round with the Manager. The interviewer was very unfriendly. Did not give much detailed information about the profile I was interviewing for.