Citi Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

3.1

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The process was very easy. You had to apply both on their website and through my schools website. I was accepted for a first round interview, but when I got into the interview the interviewer was very rude to me and was grilling me on very un-related issues. It was a terrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the world in two minutes?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

On Campus Interview followed by on site at a super day. It was a easy and informational process with people who wanted you to succeed helping you along the way.

Interview Questions

• Puzzle Question regarding people in a row needing to see each others heads.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Rigourous. Three stages. Individual Competency. Individual Technical & Group Interview.
    I also had to do an online assessment before I received the interview offer.
    Make sure there are no mistakes in your CV. You have to apply online like everyone else even if you know someone.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to Citi?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, mostly focus on behavior and financial market knowledge
    The whole process is long and I got offer on February 2016.
    More focus on market sense and how much you know about Citi and why you would like to work for Citi

Interview Questions

• What is Asian Option? Is it more expensive or cheaper than the normal option with same strike price and volatility   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied through Recruiter who hosted an event on campus. Phone Interview with one of the employees at Citi New york. It was a standard final round interview. 7-8 with upper level management (Senior VPs and MDs) and with one pure technical interview. Some interviewers would openly look at their phone in front of you. This was sometimes off putting.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

There was a First Round Phone Interview and a month later there was a Super Day- 4 30 minute interviews in one day. I was interviewed by senior vice presidents.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a leader? What is the importance of working on a team? What's a difficulty that you have had to overcome in a team situation?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was super nice and began by giving me an overview of the interview, which she said would be getting to know me and why I wanted citi. She ended up asking me some technical questions which I wasn't quite prepared for.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in October 2014.

Interview

It was a very arbitrary process, they came to campus to present and then after the presentation had 'office hours' with the 4 MD's who came along, thats when a few people got invitations to their super day and a few got called to a 'First Round' at their office in New York. I was in the latter group. The first round was with two different people, one was behavioral and one was technical.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect the technical questions as they had mentioned that it would be a behavioral interview, in the Financial Institutional Group (one I interviewed for) they gave a lot of importance to technicals, asked me questions about accounting laws and related Financial statements   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I had a first round interview in NYC and then was flown out to SF where I had a super day that consisted of eight 30 minute interviews, interviewers ranged from analyst to managing director. Most of the interviews were pretty technical - take me through how something would affect all four accounting statements, how would an i bank manipulate the stock price of a public company they represent, you own an ice cream truck company and you are thinking of expanding the business to meet demand how would you go about figuring out whether or not you need to and by how much.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some investment banking deals that you have been following in the past 6 months, also mention a merger and an acquisition that you have been following.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. I was extended an offer with a contract that included pay pro rated at 70k assuming 40 hour week and overtime above and beyond that.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

first round phone interview - all technical accounting, valuation questions, answered none of them correctly
    superday - more fit/behavioral questions, one round of technical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing negotiable