Citi Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

3.1

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

1. why citi, 2 why IBD, 3 walk through CV, 4 competency based questions

Interview Questions

• what is the link between three financial statements   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

First round was pretty straightforward. They were more interested in behavioural aspects, getting to know me. The interviewer was already well versed with my cv and cover letter, and so did not need to look down when asking me about experiences and motivations.

Second round was supposed to be the assessment center. Due to unexpected circumstances, I ended up having two back to back phone interviews asking me to describe situations I have been in showing several traits they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you're throwing away all the effort put into an engineering degree when applying to banking?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The interviewing was first done over the phone, then done in person in a super day. The whole process was stressful, and the questions were very thorough. The other candidates at the super day seemed very nervous.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

2 rounds - first round very fit based (e.g. why investment banking) with some brain teasers, second was slightly more technical (e.g. different types of valuation multiples). Interviewers were friendly for the most part, very understanding about lack of experience or technical. Seemed to look for minimum threshold of intelligence and then fit.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

They were very nice to talk to and helped guide me through questions I did not know how to fully answer. It was an overall very pleasant experience. Most of the questions they asked were fit questions and I was asked very few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What market do you think will be growing in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus recruiting, went through preliminary interviews, and then got called to NYC for superday interview. I had six several minute interviews (I wan't to say 10 each) and the questions were pretty rapid fire. Mostly fit questions, but several in a row and they were pretty thorough.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to analyze a case study on parking economics.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

First round - 3 phone interviews with the business. Standard IBD interviewer. Final round - a half-day AC including newspaper reading, group case study, presentation, individual interviews and etc. overall is quite intense so adequate preparation is needed. Please be prepared to discuss news on paper with bankers in professional context.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2012.

Interview

As usual, submit online application, contact from HR department via e-mail, one phone interview, one at office interview, meet with the group people, and notification. You cannot have any influence over which group you would like to go.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I met them at the campus career fair, and they scheduled me for an interview that next day. It was a roughly 30 minute behavioral interview, where they asked me about past projects and how I would lead in certain situations. The interviewers were very friendly. I was given the offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Standard behavioral questions, they want to hear a lot about how you interact in groups/in a leadership position.   Answer Question

The position wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I'm more interested in an internship focused on programming.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi in January 2015.

Interview

In Office first round of interviews for a summer internship in Sales and Trading.

I was interviewed twice, each time about 30 minutes by an Englishman 5I would say between 26 and 30 years old, Associate level). They were both very nice and did their best to put me at ease. It was much more of a conversation than an interview, nothing really technical, they just want to check our motivation and interest, as well as our work experience, and see if we will cope with high pressure.

Amazing view on London from the 36th floor!

Interview Questions

• Do you more or less know what a salesperson and a trader do? Which would be your preference?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have been invited to the next round, which will be the final one: the 6h30 assessment!