Citi Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2017

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed through on-campus through MBA recruiting. The interview was held after a series of networking events and informational interviews. The next step in the process would have been a final round interview.

Interview Questions

• A company purchases PP&E using 50% debt, 50% equity. Walk me through how this affects the 3 financial statements in year 0 and year 3.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Very laid back process. Was recruited on-campus so there were two rounds at school. This was followed by a 1 to 1.5 week wait to hear back. They were pretty quick in that respect. Then the second round consisted of four back to back interviews about 30 minutes for each of them. They were with leaders of different teams. Heard back from them within like 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Why Citi? Why Mortgage? And some leadership questions.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2016.

Interview

Got a phone interview after I submitted my essay within 1 day.
    However, they rejected my internship offer stating that I was not selected. Well. Sigh.
    Probably because I din't meet their high requirement. Their requirement is CGPA 3.5 above

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview is informal. I was interviewed by a Campus Recruitment staff. Nothing technical about the interview, they want to know about your strengths, weaknesses, wider interests, future career options. It took about 20 minutes in total. As I was studying in UK, this was done through a phone interview. This program is a feeder program for the Management Associate intake, therefore they are also interested to know about the departments you would prefer.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward. I applied online and wrote an essay about "Why Citi and what can you contribute to the company". Weeks later got en email saying that I'm shortlisted to the next round. First round was general competency phone interview. The second round was a phone interview as well but questions are more or less the same. Two phone interviews and that's it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/ Run me through your CV.

Leadership experiences.

What would you bring to the job? What should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Done via call in the UK. Most of the procedure revolves around them asking your previous internship experience (if you have any) or if you have done extra curricular activities. Bonuses if you could track back all the way to high school. Your predicted grades may not matter much, though they would really like to know what subjects you have chosen in university and why you have chosen them.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience of getting started in a new environment, due to you now applying to a bank as a Politics degree holder?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

First round of on-campus (MBA) interviews, with a string of fit & competency questions. I had to go through two rounds of interviews, where it was mostly a friendly atmosphere. Second round was at the Canary Wharf office (their UK headquarters), with 4 interviews with all fit & competency & technical questions. The second round interviews involved more senior people, mostly with directors and MDs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating process involved.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

2 rounds, 1st phone interview with a 2nd year associate, 2nd on site with 3 different 1st year ass. director and VP

Summer Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in June 2010.

Interview

Started with telephone interview with 2 hiring managers. Finished with 1:1 interview with the director.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi in October 2009.

Interview

On campus interview, asked about background and research.

Asked for Taylor series expansion and how to write a matlab script for exp(x) without toolboxes.