Citi Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

3.1

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Phone Interview that consisted of very technical questions. I was contacted by a recruiter from UT Austin. The recruiter set me up with a phone interview. 30 minute interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Houston, TX).

Interview

First is a rather easy phone interview. They ask you general programming questions and seem to focus on group experiences you have had. After the phone interview they invite you to their offices where you speak to 3 different people who ask you some logic/programming questions for 30 mins and then you take a rather 1 hour hard test.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi in April 2015.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviewing. I had a phone interview that was more technical for my first round. The second round consisted of 2 interview with 2 different people.

Everyone was very friendly and down-to-earth. Every person I spoke with was very insightful and professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

one phone call then got invited to super day which consists of three interviews followed by a written test.
    Phone interview consisted of a lot of oop question. No algorithms tho.
    1st round: went over resume and some oop questions.
    2nd round : same
    3rd round: it was more of an hr interview but he asked a couple of oop questions too.

Interview Questions

• some oop question. The written test was very lengthy, it had brain teasers, coding, sql and finance question. I took the interview on march 27 and still have not heard back so comment below if you are in the same boat.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through college and had three rounds of interview.

1. First round (on-campus): 30 mins round with questions all about my resume and projects. A lot of questions about OOP and data structures.
    2. Second round(on-site super day): Three interviews back to back in one room while other candidates were also giving interviews.Two of them going over resume and picking projects and discussing question around it. Some OOP and SQL questions too, and third interviewer with over typical HR questions about strengths ,Weakness, etc.
    After three interviews, we are given a test to solve in 1 hour.

The test had four parts:

Part I : Java coding
    Nothing too hard, go over Data Structures and OOP. Questions like:
    a. Merging two sorted list
    b. Reversing array elements
    c. Palindrome
    d. Difference between array and linked list
    e. some BST manipulations (finding element, Printing in some order)

Part II : Brain Teaser

Three brain teasers
    a. Fill 4 gallons of water with a 5 gallon and 3 gallon jugs and unlimited supply of water.
    b. Probability question : You have a score a basket to win the game. First choice, 1 shot, and has to make it one shoot. Second choice, 3 shots, any 2 needs to go in to win.Which is more profitable.

Part III: SQL

Basic SQL questions like joining tables and printing stuff.

Given a table with person Stock Purchases and a table with all Stock transaction, we were asked to print table with person stock info and all transaction. Something like that, again nothing too hard.

Part IV:

Finance questions like stocks , bonds, Risk, etc.

The Test is very lengthy, and they advised us to focus on our strengths and finish that section before moving onto another section. Everyone I talked to were not able to finish the entire test.

Third Round
    Phone interview with a manager, again went over resume & projects, and some basic OOP concepts and one problem solving-brain teaser.

I had better offers

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

1 on campus interview then 3 1-on-1 interview. All technical questions either related to your experience and projects. Lots of programming questions. Be prepared to take a written test at the end of super day interview.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in October 2014.

Interview

Process consisted of 3 phone interviews. One with an HR person and two with technical people. The first interview was strictly behavioral and was set up with an HR person. Then I had two back to back technical interviews in which I was asked a ton of technical questions very quickly. I was asked to talk through some pseudocode but the question was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Citi came to my university during a career fair in mid September. I handed my resume to one of the recruiters and was contacted early October to attend a webinar. After the interview process, I was given an offer a week later. Interview consists of four 30 minute 1 on 1 interviews. It was more of a personality test. The first interviewer asked about my interest in the financial business, and generic HR questions. The second interviewer went through my resume and picked at it. He picked a section and asked me to solve a problem revolved around it. The third interviewer asked me to describe a project that I did. I went over the process and he decides to pick out a specific part and test my knowledge of it. The fourth interviewer asked me to choose a project and asked why I like that project so much, and tested a bit on data structures and simple algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Why work at Citi vs its competitors?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Referred by a friend and interviewed soon after. Met with two different levels of management. A portion of the interview included reading a contract and analyzing parts of it.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Got an on-campus interview call