Citi Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

3.1

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Phone Interview - General questions cover what's on the resume. Behavioral questions and one brain teaser.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Interviewed on-campus (30- minute technical interview) and contacted by HR 2 days later extending an offer. Questions were about OOP design principles and hashing, and some behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation for an internship

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Questions

• The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

it is very easy. basically we just chat. nothing hard and all that you know i mean really. It is very interesting how people are talking about their jobs and all that, i mean, it is definitely a good experience. Yes I enjoyed it and got the job. I really do. It's a tremendous opportunity and yeah it's positive in every way possible. definitely recommend it. Yeah when i say it i mean it. thank you very much

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview day gave me a rather positive impression towards Citi.

In the morning, there are maths and logic tests followed by 3 one-to-one interviews with managers. The tests are about 20 minutes each and relatively straight forward. My interviewers were quite friendly as well and 2/3 of them felt more like conversations; conversations about my past experience, what I would do in certain scenarios and a few questions testing my technical expertise. The interviews did not have much of the usual pointless HR questions you might get asked, such as "why do you want to work with us?" or "have you used technology?", which seemed like the only thing that Goldman Sachs was interested in.

During lunch, you have a chance to speak to a few recent recruits and also given a project proposal to read. The tasks during the afternoon are based on this. First, you need to submit an essay about this project and also prepare some presentation material such as slides. Once this has been completed, you present the project to a manager and later you are grouped with a few other applicants to discuss the feasibility of the project and also try to improve the design.

This concludes the interview day.

Interview Questions

• There was a financial question which I was asked, I forget the question, but it was about Citi and the current financial crisis.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

School interview, then onsite interview. Took around 3 weeks for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Choose your favorite framework. Why can't a company like Facebook use a third party framework for their mobile application?   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied online as new graduate. Took about one month to process. Only one round on-site interview. The first part was a written test, second part was in person. Very easy interview, no tough questions. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. Very pleasant experience.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Online test and assessment centre. 5 face to face interviews.
    Case study, Human Ressources, Competency, technical, group exercice.
    You also have to take again the online test .
    There is no difficult or suprising questions. Having a basic knowledge of Citi should be enough.

Interview Questions

• Not technical, just competency based questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negociations

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Sent in resume at recruitment event. Got emailed/called for an interview invite. At interview, first is tour of facilities with a few others. Recruiter explains some information common to all interviewees. Then you do two interviews with team leads from two different teams. (IT Support and Software Dev). Standard interviews, nothing surprising. Good benefits package and pay (60k) for the junior role.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Explain object-oriented programming. What are the paradigms? What do they mean?   Answer Question
    • I see that you worked at Hooli for an internship. What did you do there?   Answer Question
    • Rate yourself on a scale for -- ability to learn, ability to handle stress, etc...
      What makes you give yourself that grade? Explain.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

HR Staff was very helpful. Interviewed with 3 managers. Mostly general/personal questions, some technical questions about programming experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between an object and an interface.   1 Answer

School