Citi Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at Citi

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

Apply online and got a call 1 week later. Interviewed with Branch Manager. Lasted about 45 mins. Told me to wait for response in 2 weeks. Didn't get callback.

Interview Questions

• How would you use your skills to do your assigned workload?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

First off I applied online through their website and they sent a reply to do a quick IQ/personality test, which I passed. Then couple of days later I got a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went well and they asked very basic bank teller position questions, such as, "do you remember a time when a customer was dissatisfied with your service and how did you fix it?" After the phone interview a week passed and I got a call to go to a job fair. I accepted and went there to find out that there were more than 15 people there for the teller position. It felt very competitive at first glance but later found out that there were a lot of available openings which made me feel at ease. During the job fair we basically just introduced ourselves and after all the introductions we split up to do 1:1 interviews with different branches. Since there were couple openings in each branch. That day I had around 5 interviews and went out confident with my performance. A week later I got a call back for a interview with the branch manager and this is where I am at right now in the interview process. Hope that helps for anyone applying to citibank, they seem to be a decent company to work for. :)

Interview Questions

• What interested you about citibank to apply for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Baltimore, MD) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied online then took an online assessment. A couple of days later i received an email congratulating me on passing the assessment. A week later a recruiter contacted me to set up a phone interview. It went well and she said i will be contacted in the next 2-10 business days

Interview Questions

• How would you end a transactions after assisting a customer?   2 Answers
    • Give a detailed description/process of what you would do with a customer with multiple requests   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (San Francisco, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

It started with application online that included a personality test. After I was informed that I passed the online exam my application was submitted. After about a week of submitting my application I was called by the branch manager who offered a time to interview. I was interviewed by the three managers who asked me about previous work experiences and how my experiences might translate into retail banking. I finished the interview and was contacted about three days later with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (El Monte, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online and within' a few days (2-3 days) I was contacted by Citibank with a phone interview. The online application consisted of a IQ/Intelligence test as well as a Personality Test. I was than contacted by the corporate office to schedule me an interview with a branch manager. It was a 1:1 interview with the branch manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Escondido, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Made me sign an actual application and then after went straight to the 1:1 interview. Interview consisted of about 40mins

Interview Questions

• What do you not like about your current job or past jobs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Stockton, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied online. Took a personality and IQ test. Then I received an email two days later to schedule a phone interview. You have the option of scheduling your phone interview online as well and if you do, make sure you calculate the time to your time zone. They use central time. The next day I had a phone interview. She asked situational and open ended questions and there was an awkward pause while the interviewer finished typing what I responded. The questions were also repetitive.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Boston, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

Consists of 3 phase on which you will get a phone interview from human resources, once you have passed the assessment tests online. Phone interview consists of 30 minutes on your background info and qualification based on the position on which you have applied for. After that, if everything goes smooth. You will be proceed to move on ahead to meet with a manager depending on location. For my interview part, I was actually pretty nervous and had to go through 2 phase of meeting 1:1 interview with a manager, and then meeting two other manager together right after I was done talking to the 1st manager. Overall, it was a positive experience as they do ask a lot of question and opinion along with experiences relating to what the company likes to sell to their customer. The next day I got a phone call from human resources and was offered a full time position as a teller on which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge to working with your previous employer or current employer right now and how would you respond to that challenge?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Delray Beach, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied for teller openings in the Palm Beach County area in early Sept. and got an email from Citi HR to set up a telephone interview. HR called me at my appt. time SHARP, so make sure you are near the phone. Interviewer was very friendly and the interview itself lasted about 10 minutes. She told me right away I did well and seemed like I would be a match for the position. She told me there were a number of branches opening in the PBC area and that one of the hiring managers would contact me in a week or so. I have received zero communication since then...

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer with multiple requests?   1 Answer
    • Specifically, what is the extent of your cash handling experience?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Basically after the online application you go through the recruiter process. But this was my third interview with citi so I called my local recruiter since i had her number from the previous interview and left her a message about submitting my app for the branch I applied too. Two days later I get a call from the branch manager and we set up a interview date. On the interview day she made me wait 20 minutes because she was dealing with a customer and her staff after that. She asks what I'm taking in college and then a set of general questions like "a time when I have abruptly been asked to do something and how i reacted about doing it." Other questions were "where do i see myself in five years, being the most satisfied and dissatisfied with my previous jobs, going about what i did on a particular slow day at work, and solving a problem for a customer." I'm probably missing some more but i'll add it in if i remember. I asked a question about the most challenging aspect of the position and she rambled on about it and went off topic too about citi being a great company and her previous jobs-of course I'm sitting there and agreeing about citi's great products and company culture. I liked that she said she doesn't stress tellers on sales because after a while it irritates customers and really wants tellers to concentrate on providing the service-sincere thank yous and referring customers by name.

Just be really customer service orientated, show your enthusiasm for their products-0% credit cards etc. the company culture and you'll do fine.

Anyway I don't think I'll be getting a call back because she said my classes will conflict with her scheduling as she needs someone available 6 days a week and went on about trying other banks who can really work with schooling using her daughter as an example. Oh well, I tried.