Citi Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

multiple different people in different roles asked many questions about cash handling experience, customer service, and sales. this is after a lengthy online application process which includes an assessment. that was probably the hardest part of the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They called me and we scheduled a phone interview . It was about 15-20 mins , they described several situations and asked me for similar experiences I had during my work life . They also asked me for my current salary and if I earn a good amount to cover my needs (this seemed awkard to me ) .

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. went through a recruiter over the phone.Depending on the recruiter. if they like you or not, they will move you up to the next round. then shortly after they sent you to a local branch around your area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Was made to wait an hour for a scheduled interview with many other applicants at a local branch.
    Met with two Human Resource people who were both full of hot air.
    Met with a VP of something and he was very nasty and sent me on a wild goose chase to interview at another branch.
    A waste of everyone's time. Bad company with delusional ideas on how to blame the tellers for the company's failure. Top executives like the CEO refuse to take responsibility and have the tellers subjected to random checks- they call customers and ask the customer for feedback on the transaction. Then you are fired.

Interview Questions

• Don't you agree the teller is the foundation of the company and is the most important position in the company and that the tellers are soley responsible for the success or failure of our bank?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply online and after two weeks received a phone call from HR (usually a FL number) about the opportunity. The recruiter asks basic questions like current employment, availability (BIG ONE), a little about yourself, and why you applied for the position. Depending on the recruiter (mine was amazing and so helpful through the whole process) s/he tells you a date and time for an interview at a Citi location. It's not a location you apply to but one close by, for the most part. I was interviewed a week later by two branch managers and the area director. They want someone with a personality. That is seriously #1 like even with my resume, they kept asking me to show me my smile which was irritating because I can't smile and talk... How annoying is that? I didn't have teller experience but the interviewers were really impressed with my personality and how articulate I was because honestly other than that I have zero sales or banking experience. My previous jobs had all been at retail folding clothes.
    #1 tip: Be upbeat and smile! Fake it till you make it! They will hire you if you have a friendly and outgoing personality!

After the interview, if you receive an email from HR, you're hired. They do background checks. They contact ALL your previous employers so don't lie. You have to go in for finger prints and a drug test. The clearing is what takes long. Took them three weeks to clear everything. After that, I went to some HQ building for Citi where I had a full day of training with other new hires. We learn about Citi history for about 9 hours—it's paid.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi?
      Describe a time you had to sell an item to someone?
      How flexible is your schedule?
      How would you handle a difficult customer?
      What do you think your supervisors expect from you?
      Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and a few days later received a phone call from a recruiter and wanted to set up an interview. Then I met with 2 managers and then a few days later, 1 more interview. No crazy questions..they're just looking to see if you have great customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a bad experience you had with a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since what they offered was great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Alexandria, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and less than a week later they called me to schedule a phone interview. The next day i received the call for the interview, pretty basic questions as you can see below. The interview lasted 20 minutes, i will be waiting for theyre response in 7-10 days if the branch manager likes me.

Interview Questions

• Why citi?

Why should we hire you?

Have you had cash handling exp?

Have you had exp with sales?

are you bilingual in spanish?

Experience with difficult customers?

How long have you been unemployed?
      Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied online, HR called me 3 months later, phone call interview and finally manager interview.
    Easy questions related to different referrals case scenarios

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Citi (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

apply application online then wait for a phone call to schedule a phone interview then wait for calls to schedule onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• basically questions about dealing with customers and handling tasks   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

They asked about my previous experience. they are looking to see if you have previous retail experience, they are focused on customer service. Also, they want to make sure your are goal driven and will help meet the goals of the bank, that you can REFER and SELL.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

12,000 yearly plus benefits