Citi Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Teller Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The manager is nice. Ask easy question and most time they just try understand you personality is it fit this job. They give every one a goal to match in every week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Was made to wait an hour for a scheduled interview with many other applicants at a local branch.
    Met with two Human Resource people who were both full of hot air.
    Met with a VP of something and he was very nasty and sent me on a wild goose chase to interview at another branch.
    A waste of everyone's time. Bad company with delusional ideas on how to blame the tellers for the company's failure. Top executives like the CEO refuse to take responsibility and have the tellers subjected to random checks- they call customers and ask the customer for feedback on the transaction. Then you are fired.

Interview Questions

• Don't you agree the teller is the foundation of the company and is the most important position in the company and that the tellers are soley responsible for the success or failure of our bank?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Alexandria, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and less than a week later they called me to schedule a phone interview. The next day i received the call for the interview, pretty basic questions as you can see below. The interview lasted 20 minutes, i will be waiting for theyre response in 7-10 days if the branch manager likes me.

Interview Questions

• Why citi?

Why should we hire you?

Have you had cash handling exp?

Have you had exp with sales?

are you bilingual in spanish?

Experience with difficult customers?

How long have you been unemployed?
      Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied online, HR called me 3 months later, phone call interview and finally manager interview.
    Easy questions related to different referrals case scenarios

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Citi (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

apply application online then wait for a phone call to schedule a phone interview then wait for calls to schedule onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• basically questions about dealing with customers and handling tasks   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Interview

Phone interview went very well. There were no questions that I find difficult. Basically just asking for my career background, previous job experience, why applying to their company, etc. They said will call again in 7-10 days but it has been two weeks and no word from them yet.

Teller Interview

Interview

Signed up online and they called me. In the phone call you will have to find a time to interview through phone. They call at the exact time specified. The interview was filled with behavioral questions. They focus a lot on customer service. They say they will email or call you back but they didn't.

Interview Questions

• They asked situational questions like how would you handle selling our products.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview, then I had a interview with the area manager, after that I meet with the branch manager. the process took about 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very basic. (education, experience, etc.) Employers want to make sure the person can do the job he/she applied.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Delray Beach, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied for teller openings in the Palm Beach County area in early Sept. and got an email from Citi HR to set up a telephone interview. HR called me at my appt. time SHARP, so make sure you are near the phone. Interviewer was very friendly and the interview itself lasted about 10 minutes. She told me right away I did well and seemed like I would be a match for the position. She told me there were a number of branches opening in the PBC area and that one of the hiring managers would contact me in a week or so. I have received zero communication since then...

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer with multiple requests?   1 Answer
    • Specifically, what is the extent of your cash handling experience?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I just got the phone interview with 6 questions.
    1-Describe a time you went the extra mile for a customer.
    2-What skill do you have as a cashier?
    3-why do you want to work for citi?
    4-why should we hire you?
    5-Why did you leave your last job?
    6-What is your ideal job?
    7-Describe your duties as a cashier.
    8- Describe your duties as a Costumer Service.
    9-Tell me about your last job.
    10- there is one more but i cant recall what the question was.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you gave excellent Costumer Service.   1 Answer