Citi Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2017

2.6

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I received a call back within 2 weeks of applying. There was first a phone interview. A few days later I meet with two assistant branch managers followed by a meet and greet with my Assistant Branch manager and Branch manager. This is an entry level position and was a very smooth interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Teller Interview

Interview

online application , in-person interview in the branch, tested my bilingual language skills level. all conversational question but the manager said he could no decide for the position, he would still turn it over to HR to decide and then will go on to the next process , taking training in Irvine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

5 to 10 mins talking interview and everything just shows how the manger had more power and ability to handle this bank...................... I just said whatever i need answer.

Interview Questions

• when i came interview, he asked my profit. asked me did you know what is their Citibank profit and did you understand what is banking? I just applied for a little teller, asked me what you understand their bank everything. and the manger shows how he had more power and ability to handle this bank.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

About 10-15 minutes long, in managers office. My interview was with the assistant manager because the manager was on vacation. She was very friendly and asked some questions about myself, my education, and past work.

Interview Questions

• What kind of difficult customer service situation have you ever had in a work related setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Got phone interview first. After 3 days, I got the phone call from the Branch Manager.
    The Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager interview me. The interview took about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

get a call from HR department and scheduled interview, one on one interview with the branch manager, then wait one to two weeks to receive offer from hr department

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The manager is nice. Ask easy question and most time they just try understand you personality is it fit this job. They give every one a goal to match in every week.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Citi in December 2014.

Interview

2 long phone calls and then a sit down. The phone calls give hope of being hired but then they drop off the face of the earth for 3-5 months and then call you back for a one on one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an experience with a customer that was not easy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

multiple different people in different roles asked many questions about cash handling experience, customer service, and sales. this is after a lengthy online application process which includes an assessment. that was probably the hardest part of the process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply online and after two weeks received a phone call from HR (usually a FL number) about the opportunity. The recruiter asks basic questions like current employment, availability (BIG ONE), a little about yourself, and why you applied for the position. Depending on the recruiter (mine was amazing and so helpful through the whole process) s/he tells you a date and time for an interview at a Citi location. It's not a location you apply to but one close by, for the most part. I was interviewed a week later by two branch managers and the area director. They want someone with a personality. That is seriously #1 like even with my resume, they kept asking me to show me my smile which was irritating because I can't smile and talk... How annoying is that? I didn't have teller experience but the interviewers were really impressed with my personality and how articulate I was because honestly other than that I have zero sales or banking experience. My previous jobs had all been at retail folding clothes.
    #1 tip: Be upbeat and smile! Fake it till you make it! They will hire you if you have a friendly and outgoing personality!

After the interview, if you receive an email from HR, you're hired. They do background checks. They contact ALL your previous employers so don't lie. You have to go in for finger prints and a drug test. The clearing is what takes long. Took them three weeks to clear everything. After that, I went to some HQ building for Citi where I had a full day of training with other new hires. We learn about Citi history for about 9 hours—it's paid.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi?
      Describe a time you had to sell an item to someone?
      How flexible is your schedule?
      How would you handle a difficult customer?
      What do you think your supervisors expect from you?   Answer Question