Citi Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Teller Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

get a call from HR department and scheduled interview, one on one interview with the branch manager, then wait one to two weeks to receive offer from hr department

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The manager is nice. Ask easy question and most time they just try understand you personality is it fit this job. They give every one a goal to match in every week.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Citi in December 2014.

Interview

2 long phone calls and then a sit down. The phone calls give hope of being hired but then they drop off the face of the earth for 3-5 months and then call you back for a one on one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an experience with a customer that was not easy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

multiple different people in different roles asked many questions about cash handling experience, customer service, and sales. this is after a lengthy online application process which includes an assessment. that was probably the hardest part of the process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply online and after two weeks received a phone call from HR (usually a FL number) about the opportunity. The recruiter asks basic questions like current employment, availability (BIG ONE), a little about yourself, and why you applied for the position. Depending on the recruiter (mine was amazing and so helpful through the whole process) s/he tells you a date and time for an interview at a Citi location. It's not a location you apply to but one close by, for the most part. I was interviewed a week later by two branch managers and the area director. They want someone with a personality. That is seriously #1 like even with my resume, they kept asking me to show me my smile which was irritating because I can't smile and talk... How annoying is that? I didn't have teller experience but the interviewers were really impressed with my personality and how articulate I was because honestly other than that I have zero sales or banking experience. My previous jobs had all been at retail folding clothes.
    #1 tip: Be upbeat and smile! Fake it till you make it! They will hire you if you have a friendly and outgoing personality!

After the interview, if you receive an email from HR, you're hired. They do background checks. They contact ALL your previous employers so don't lie. You have to go in for finger prints and a drug test. The clearing is what takes long. Took them three weeks to clear everything. After that, I went to some HQ building for Citi where I had a full day of training with other new hires. We learn about Citi history for about 9 hours—it's paid.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi?
      Describe a time you had to sell an item to someone?
      How flexible is your schedule?
      How would you handle a difficult customer?
      What do you think your supervisors expect from you?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They called me and we scheduled a phone interview . It was about 15-20 mins , they described several situations and asked me for similar experiences I had during my work life . They also asked me for my current salary and if I earn a good amount to cover my needs (this seemed awkard to me ) .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Was made to wait an hour for a scheduled interview with many other applicants at a local branch.
    Met with two Human Resource people who were both full of hot air.
    Met with a VP of something and he was very nasty and sent me on a wild goose chase to interview at another branch.
    A waste of everyone's time. Bad company with delusional ideas on how to blame the tellers for the company's failure. Top executives like the CEO refuse to take responsibility and have the tellers subjected to random checks- they call customers and ask the customer for feedback on the transaction. Then you are fired.

Interview Questions

• Don't you agree the teller is the foundation of the company and is the most important position in the company and that the tellers are soley responsible for the success or failure of our bank?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. went through a recruiter over the phone.Depending on the recruiter. if they like you or not, they will move you up to the next round. then shortly after they sent you to a local branch around your area.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Cambridge, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview process was smooth, easy and great. Pretty basic questions: why Citi, what's your background, do you plan to stay in banking long? I had 3 interviews: One when I walked in to apply, a second as a briefing of what the job was an a 5 minute sit down with the area manager who basically just welcomed me into the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be part of Citi?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Wichita Falls, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process started with an application and a short, timed, math and reading tests. These tests are pretty simple and just check mathematical skills. During the group interview, a panel asks you questions about your personality, strengths and weaknesses and assesses your ability to communicate and problem solve.