Citi Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

3.1

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was a two stage interview process. The first stage was a simple face to face interview and the second stage was modelling tests followed by group interviews. In general in was a good process a experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background and talk us through how that would relate to this job?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and received the online tests a few days after. After about a month I was invited to a first round interview. This included two 30 minute interviews, one competency and one technical. I was informed after a week that I passed to the assessment centre. The assessment centre was a whole day it included a case study, group exercise and interviews. One interview was on the case study, one competency and technical.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Several steps :
    1) CV screenings
    2) Numerical Tests
    3) 1st interview
    4) 2nd interview + assessment center

Numerical tests can be easily managed by practicing a little beforehand. However, and because of the huge number of applicants, the other steps are more challenging.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10years?   Answer Question
    • What was the most challenging situation you ever faced ? What did you learn from it ?   Answer Question

TTS SummerEMEA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

standard online application, followed by online tests then a 2*30mins telephone interview.

The assessment centre is a bit poor organised. started at 11am without much lunch given,
    The assessment centre started with a case study, followed by to face to face interview with the senior people from the business unit that you are applying to. Finally is the group discussion

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Quite slow in the process. First round face-to-face interview with 2 VPs. Very typical/ theoretical IB questions e.g. link the 3 financial statements but also critical ones. Preparation is key

Interview Questions

• Do you know any company that is currently undervalued in the stock market and why?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Two seperate interviews back to back over the course of an hour. Generic interview questions around competences and wanted to know why you wanted to work at Citi, what you thought about the strategy etc etc.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi? Tell me a time when you solved a problem with quantitative data? Can you explain MIFID II?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

After I passed the online test (which was very difficult, I thought I couldn't pass it but I guess the overall results were not very high either), I got an invitation for telephone interview: 2 30-minute telephone interviews, one about general motivational questions and competency questions, one about specific technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why you apply to Citi?
      Tell me a time when you deal with an unethical issue?
      What do you think are the biggest concerns for banking industry?
      Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I spoke with Citi at a job fair at my university. I then did an online logical test along with my application for the job. Once I was successful at that stage I went on to do an assessment day at Citi in belfast. the assessment day as really relaxed. First we did a group question, then went on to each do a competency based interview and a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of the object oriented programming languages you know   Answer Question

ICG Sales and Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Submitted application, got an email for numerical test in 2 weeks, then invited to interviews. First interview was competency questions, which was fine. Didn't do well in assessment centre. Whole process took nearly 2 months.

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Online application consisting of CV and cover letter, followed by online tests upon invitation. Tests very difficult. then invited to two competency based interviews. On the day was told that one was actually technical. One interviewer was great, the other disinterested.