Citi Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Fairly simple competency based questions and info about the specific division, I would seriosuly recommending knowing about the divison you are applying for as many of the questions are related around this. And also prepare a lot for different practical based questions such as what's a time you worked poorly in a team? what is a time you found yourself in a difficult position with a college?

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Analyst programme in November 2016 and they invited me to the first round interview taking place at Citi (London) in January 2017

I had:
    - 1 competency based interview
    - 1 technical interview

They called me back 5 days after the interview to invite me to the next round.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time you had to make a decision that involved an ethical consideration
      - How can you price a call in a flat rate environment?

TTS SummerEMEA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

standard online application, followed by online tests then a 2*30mins telephone interview.

The assessment centre is a bit poor organised. started at 11am without much lunch given,
    The assessment centre started with a case study, followed by to face to face interview with the senior people from the business unit that you are applying to. Finally is the group discussion

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Quite slow in the process. First round face-to-face interview with 2 VPs. Very typical/ theoretical IB questions e.g. link the 3 financial statements but also critical ones. Preparation is key

Interview Questions

• Do you know any company that is currently undervalued in the stock market and why?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Two seperate interviews back to back over the course of an hour. Generic interview questions around competences and wanted to know why you wanted to work at Citi, what you thought about the strategy etc etc.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi? Tell me a time when you solved a problem with quantitative data? Can you explain MIFID II?   Answer Question

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1) Online application + numerical test early November
    2) Two first round interviews (One technical and one competency/CV/academic experience) mid November
    3) Assessment Center early December
    -Case study presentation
    -Group Exercise
    -Numerical test verification
    -Competency interview
    -Financial Times exercise
    4) Received offer day after the AC

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you made a mistake and had to escalate it?
      When did you face an ethical challenge and how did you deal with it?
      How would you value this business?
      Have you ever had to give feedback on someone else's performance?

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

My first interview after the phone interview was in the Citi headquarters in Belfast. When I first arrived ten minutes early, I gave my details to the receptionist and was directed to the waiting area. At the agreed time, the interviewer turned up and after a brief greeting I was led to small glass cubicle where the interview was conducted. The interview covered fairly typical topics, why did I want to work for Citi, what skills could I bring to the role etc. There was some more unconventional questions in there which did trip me up slightly. For the sake of anonymity however, I won't discuss what those were. Suffice to say that learning answers by rote will likely not be enough to get you through. My second interview involved a group exercise and this could be challenging depending on your personality. For me, I feel lucky to have been seated beside some fellow interviewees who were very friendly and not at all out for blood. As a group, we had half an hour to decide between several prospective banking projects based on their relative merits. In the end, this proved too much within the time limit and only two of the projects were discussed in any kind of detail. It would be a good idea to keep in mind one or two definite roles for this exercise, such as time keeper or group note taker. If no-one else looks likely to take up either of these roles, fill it yourself. The qualities Citi appeared to look for here were taking initiative, friendliness and imagination.
    The final interview was technical in nature and involved an assignment with their in-house database software, KDB. I was required to learn and do some simple tasks within the two weeks from second to final interview. The task itself was very simple, although it is possible (and perhaps advisable) to go beyond what the task actually asks for. Because I went further than required in the assignment, the technical interview turned out to be quite easy. The main idea of the interview was explaining why I made the choices I did during the assignment. Some questions were asked that I would not have known if I had not taken the time to understand the technology beyond what the task asked for. Take away lesson: don't take shortcuts on the assignment!
    On the whole, the interviewers were professional and friendly. The offices too were extremely clean and modern. I struggle to find a bad thing to say about the company based on what I have seen so far. I would however suggest that if you are about to do the phone interview, you do NOT give them a figure, or even a range. This is a mistake I made and which I now regret.

Interview Questions

• Can you discuss a time that you have been working in a group and had problems relating to teamwork?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

After I passed the online test (which was very difficult, I thought I couldn't pass it but I guess the overall results were not very high either), I got an invitation for telephone interview: 2 30-minute telephone interviews, one about general motivational questions and competency questions, one about specific technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why you apply to Citi?
      Tell me a time when you deal with an unethical issue?
      What do you think are the biggest concerns for banking industry?

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I spoke with Citi at a job fair at my university. I then did an online logical test along with my application for the job. Once I was successful at that stage I went on to do an assessment day at Citi in belfast. the assessment day as really relaxed. First we did a group question, then went on to each do a competency based interview and a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of the object oriented programming languages you know   Answer Question

ICG Sales and Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Submitted application, got an email for numerical test in 2 weeks, then invited to interviews. First interview was competency questions, which was fine. Didn't do well in assessment centre. Whole process took nearly 2 months.