Citi Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.1

177 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

I was Head hunted and was asked to come in for a an interview. The interview was made up of two men, one my now manager. It started off pretty professional but turned into more of a chat in the end.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you changed environments and made a positive impact?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and received the online tests a few days after. After about a month I was invited to a first round interview. This included two 30 minute interviews, one competency and one technical. I was informed after a week that I passed to the assessment centre. The assessment centre was a whole day it included a case study, group exercise and interviews. One interview was on the case study, one competency and technical.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Several steps :
    1) CV screenings
    2) Numerical Tests
    3) 1st interview
    4) 2nd interview + assessment center

Numerical tests can be easily managed by practicing a little beforehand. However, and because of the huge number of applicants, the other steps are more challenging.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10years?   Answer Question
    • What was the most challenging situation you ever faced ? What did you learn from it ?   Answer Question

Technology Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

First day Aptitude test
    If you pass that you have 2 one-on-one interviews and then a group exercise
    Not too hard. Both interviews lasted 30 mins each. Basically about your cv and yourself

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. There are 2 rounds of interviews. First one with HR. Second one with someone from the division you applied to. They both asked fairly similar standard competency based questions about teamwork and past leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you worked in a team.
      What are your current thoughts on the markets?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Fairly simple competency based questions and info about the specific division, I would seriosuly recommending knowing about the divison you are applying for as many of the questions are related around this. And also prepare a lot for different practical based questions such as what's a time you worked poorly in a team? what is a time you found yourself in a difficult position with a college?

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Analyst programme in November 2016 and they invited me to the first round interview taking place at Citi (London) in January 2017

I had:
    - 1 competency based interview
    - 1 technical interview

They called me back 5 days after the interview to invite me to the next round.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time you had to make a decision that involved an ethical consideration
      - How can you price a call in a flat rate environment?   Answer Question

TTS SummerEMEA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

standard online application, followed by online tests then a 2*30mins telephone interview.

The assessment centre is a bit poor organised. started at 11am without much lunch given,
    The assessment centre started with a case study, followed by to face to face interview with the senior people from the business unit that you are applying to. Finally is the group discussion

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Quite slow in the process. First round face-to-face interview with 2 VPs. Very typical/ theoretical IB questions e.g. link the 3 financial statements but also critical ones. Preparation is key

Interview Questions

• Do you know any company that is currently undervalued in the stock market and why?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Two seperate interviews back to back over the course of an hour. Generic interview questions around competences and wanted to know why you wanted to work at Citi, what you thought about the strategy etc etc.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi? Tell me a time when you solved a problem with quantitative data? Can you explain MIFID II?   Answer Question