Citi Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Citi Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Attended Citi event in London
    Fast-tracked to first interview
    After that standard process
    Followed by video interviews
    Final round, interview with two senior employees from the team
    Heavily based on commercial awareness, make sure you read the FT cover to cover every day.
     Be enthusiastic. Show your hard work.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi? Why this position? How does the duration risk affect investors in current environment? What are your opinions on newsX and how do you think that affects countryY? How would you construct portfolio?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

Consisted of two phone interviews with direct manager then EMEA region head. Discussed knowledge of investment products, previous experience at other investment banks, project management experience and other skills. Was basically a run down of my cv and "tell me more". Asked to describe a time when I had to produce analysis / MI and present it to a senior audience,

Interview Questions

• asked about a time I had to deal with a difficult work situation or conflict.   Answer Question

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Online application consisting of CV and cover letter, followed by online tests upon invitation. Tests very difficult. then invited to two competency based interviews. On the day was told that one was actually technical. One interviewer was great, the other disinterested.

Digital Role In Research Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After being scouted by an internal recruiter via LinkedIn I sent across my cv and filled in an online application form for a job that really matched my skill set and one I was really excited to apply for.

I had a short telephone interview. Followed by 7 different interviews with several senior leaders from across the business across a month.
    After some time I received feedback to say I was a strong candidate and they were close to make an offer.
    A month passed no news. I got back in touch with the recruiter who to my surprise I got no response from. 4 months passed of chasing for an answer with promises of calls back, emails yet no one got in touch.
    I finally emailed the line manager directly and got a call the next day from the recruiter to say he will get intouch soon with an update.
    2 more months passed with nothing!

My last attempt of getting in touch after a terrible unprofessional response from a large company. I was told due to a restructure the role was no longer available.

It just took 7 months to let me know.
    Really bad experience. Totally unprofessional. Changed my impression of this company and its such a shame a simple issue could have easily been resolved.

Technology Graduate Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Technical / Competency interview along with online test and group challenge. Two different interviewers which were extremely rude and had the attitude of they could not wait to be done (they turned out to be the two people actually running the academy). One even went to the extreme of checking their phone four times.

Interview questions in no way were related to a programming role etc this is likely due to them accepting grads from other programs which are not technical! Questions mostly based on CV and past experience which is not a representation of how someone will preform at all.

Overall a very poor standard with a job which didn't even guarantee you would become a full-time employee, as you had to first pass their training! Useless if you want to go straight into development.

Trainer At EQT Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I had 2 telephone interviews for an hour. Followed by face to face 3 hour interview with 4 several people from across the business. After face to face interview I had to complete a test, which consisted of 2 parts. I was given only few days to send them back the material.

Since then, no news or any feedback was received. I chased HR, however radio silence.

As i previously worked in HR in other banks and I could say that this is the worst candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• Could you please describe in 1 word why you would decline this position?   Answer Question
    • Could you please tell me in one word why you would like to work here?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

The assessment centre lasted around 5 hours and involved 3 competency based interviews with senior employees (VP and above), a group discussion, an individual presentation & written report, and an online numerical verification test. Each interview lasted 30 minutes, and whilst it was an intense day, it was also a fun experience- interviews were not technical in any way and were largely based around my CV and past experiences.

Interview Questions

Citi Response

May 23, 2016 – Global Recruitment VP

Thank you for your feedback regarding the EMEA assessment centre process, we're pleased to hear that you enjoyed the process. Our assessment centres have been designed to assess students from all ... More

Assistant Vice President - Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial call from HR where salary expectations were discussed (the max they would go to was 70k...), 1st stage with VP line manager and colleague, 2nd stage with ED.

Bit of an odd process, 1st interview had the usual questions but leaned towards problem scenarios and how I would solve such and such. Not particularly relevant to the job and I got the impression they were inexperienced at doing interviews.

Had to chase for confirmation of timings on the next interview as HR forgot to tell me... 2nd was more of an informal chat with the ED with more usual questions. Then was introduced to the team and a few further questions on the floor. Got a guided tour of the 14th floor, and where I would be sitting, pretty grim quite unlike the meeting rooms where the interviews were held, lots of grey cubiciles, the whole place felt dingy and eerily quiet.

Maybe they sensed I had lost interest in the position as I never received a response from HR. I sent a chaser email some weeks later, which was also ignored. This makes me think they did me a favour, it's probably the thin edge of the wedge, after all if they cannot get the interview process right then hardly bodes well.

Avoid.

Interview Questions

• What would you prefer, being attacked by a giant chicken or 100 small ones?   Answer Question

Citi Response

May 24, 2016 – Global Recruitment VP

We're sorry to hear that you had a negative interview experience but we wish you all the best on your future endeavors.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I applied online and had an interview within 1 week. The questions are quite standard, nothing really difficult. The interviewers were nice. Need to read up on put call parity, BS model and greek letters.

Interview Questions

• put call parity, BS model and greek letters. competency questions like why this position.   Answer Question

Spring Insight Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

This was a very simple interview process which consisted of submitting a cv and cover letter, followed by a 15 minute telephone interview. Questions were mainly very competency based with some more technical questions on Citi and the division.