Citi Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.7

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in September 2017.

Interview

Got Interview call through email. HR only communicated through email. This is the only company where HR was shy of talking on phone. Was connected to member on a hiring team.
She told me about work culture and went over my resume.
Then was asked for 3 interview back to back on phone.
People who interviewed me were really smart and working on latest tech.
My third phone interview was with person who was not interested in what I know.
But was adamant to know what she works on rather than what position was abt.

Never heard back from HR. Means I was not selected.

The only weird part abt citi is the way HR handles recruiting. I think its common with Banking firms.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Multiple rounds of phone and in-person interviews. The in-person interviews were significantly better than the phone interviews. One interviewer seemed to have made his decision about me before the interview even started, so it was unpleasant. The rest of the interviewers were great and people I would love to work with. The HR rep overseeing my case was excellent.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Standard , Salary needs to be negotiated , Took long time , 2-3 rounds, Reference helps, 2-3 HR rounds for salary negotiation, after offer they push to join at the earliest

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by a recruiter from the HR department. After a brief, screening interview over the phone, I was invited in to speak with a possible, future peer. Following that interview, I was invited back into the office to interview with the hiring manager as well as the hiring manager's manager.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I applied online for a somewhat technical VP role that i was highly qualified for. Approx. one week later, a recruiter (from another city, same company) called to set up a phone screen for the following week. It was a very simple conversation, basically just walked him through my resume. Then about 1.5 weeks later, I had my first call with a business VP - again, resume walkthrough. Several days later, a second call with a different business VP - again, resume walkthrough, but wanting detail on specific project outcomes. It was clear to me by this point that Citi was highly interested. Had a final video interview with SVP who asked me about one project and then told me at end of call that they would be extending offer the following week. Monday, recruiter called and gave informal verbal offer which was followed later that week by formal offer.

I noticed that as I began speaking with people at Citi, the waiting time between communications grew smaller and smaller, and recruiter was adamant that business was interested. I felt it pretty clear they were interested as they didn't let more than a day or two go by without some sort of communication. The longest wait was between the time I applied, the time I heard from recruiter, and then phone screen with recruiter. I think this was almost 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How did you get buy-in from the business when you suggested process improvements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

very thorough. tried to come prepared. tried to answer all questions and inquiries to my best. good rapport with interviewer. was fold that i will be contacted if presented with position. never heard from interviewer.

Interview Questions

• create a hypotheical issue and how to handle it as a manager   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Basic interviews over the phone, never met face to face through 4 separate interviews. Process took 4 months total until an offer was presented. Long process with several interviews rescheduled by Citi. Weekly emails to HR contact. The response was usually we are interested, but a key decision maker was out of the office!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Citi? Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi in September 2015.

Interview

Multiple rounds, phone and in-person.
    Slightly disorganized, multiple HRs interacted with me. No one was willing to follow the commitment of the other. The actual interviewing panel was great and had some good questions, cases and insight.
    Offer was given and modified twice - very slow process.
    Decided to reject the offer

Interview Questions

• 2 Business cases, behavioral, personal, 1 telephonic
      Pick any two of the 6 qualities that Citi stands for and how does it define you.
      Case on cost benefit analysis and break even analysis - basic finance knowledge required
      How do you resolve disagreements with upper mgmt?
      several others   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Interview

I had joined the company as a contractor initially and later became an employee - hence the interview was rather easy as I had already been familiar with the work culture, my managers, peers and most of the project details. This was followed by a HR interview which was a piece of cake as it was purely a formality.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The HR confirmed a phone interview with the VP 3 days in advance. They called me at 9. Basically normal questions on the former experience, edu background.The interviewers are very nice however, I do not think I perform well. They asked many questions about your skills and past experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe the project you did   1 Answer