Citi Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.7

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I applied online for a somewhat technical VP role that i was highly qualified for. Approx. one week later, a recruiter (from another city, same company) called to set up a phone screen for the following week. It was a very simple conversation, basically just walked him through my resume. Then about 1.5 weeks later, I had my first call with a business VP - again, resume walkthrough. Several days later, a second call with a different business VP - again, resume walkthrough, but wanting detail on specific project outcomes. It was clear to me by this point that Citi was highly interested. Had a final video interview with SVP who asked me about one project and then told me at end of call that they would be extending offer the following week. Monday, recruiter called and gave informal verbal offer which was followed later that week by formal offer.

I noticed that as I began speaking with people at Citi, the waiting time between communications grew smaller and smaller, and recruiter was adamant that business was interested. I felt it pretty clear they were interested as they didn't let more than a day or two go by without some sort of communication. The longest wait was between the time I applied, the time I heard from recruiter, and then phone screen with recruiter. I think this was almost 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How did you get buy-in from the business when you suggested process improvements?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Basic interviews over the phone, never met face to face through 4 separate interviews. Process took 4 months total until an offer was presented. Long process with several interviews rescheduled by Citi. Weekly emails to HR contact. The response was usually we are interested, but a key decision maker was out of the office!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Citi? Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi in September 2015.

Interview

Multiple rounds, phone and in-person.
    Slightly disorganized, multiple HRs interacted with me. No one was willing to follow the commitment of the other. The actual interviewing panel was great and had some good questions, cases and insight.
    Offer was given and modified twice - very slow process.
    Decided to reject the offer

Interview Questions

• 2 Business cases, behavioral, personal, 1 telephonic
      Pick any two of the 6 qualities that Citi stands for and how does it define you.
      Case on cost benefit analysis and break even analysis - basic finance knowledge required
      How do you resolve disagreements with upper mgmt?
      several others
      Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Interview

I had joined the company as a contractor initially and later became an employee - hence the interview was rather easy as I had already been familiar with the work culture, my managers, peers and most of the project details. This was followed by a HR interview which was a piece of cake as it was purely a formality.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The HR confirmed a phone interview with the VP 3 days in advance. They called me at 9. Basically normal questions on the former experience, edu background.The interviewers are very nice however, I do not think I perform well. They asked many questions about your skills and past experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe the project you did   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty average, no surprised. They asked basic questions. Tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, what do you know about this role, some STAR type behavior interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a conflict with a colleague. How do you prioritize how your day and various deadlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews initially, then one more phone interview, then 5 in person interviews. Very easy going. No hard questions. Jus talked about my background, the industry, and the position.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi in December 2014.

Interview

The process took more than 3 months and did not even provide full closure at the end. The recruiter was a very poor communicator and could not get interviews with the relevant people lined up in a timely manner. He misconstrued information and failed to show any professional urgency. The interviews themselves had to be postponed and rescheduled on three occasions, with no or very little notice. After successfully interviewing with all stakeholders an in-person meet and greet was arranged where I had to fund my own trip to Delaware and take a day off work. I was informed a day later that I was 'the candidate of choice' and that Citi would be putting an offer together. two days later I received a very basic email simply stating 'we cannot move forward at this time due to your required compensation and relocation'. When I called to discuss this, the recruiter explained that my salary requirements were out of their range - this despite us agreeing on a ball park figure at the very start of the process - and that I would need an international relocation - this despite the position being in Delaware and me being based in Washington DC and not having even asked for relocation.

The process was unnecessarily long and arduous, poorly organized and even after successfully navigating the interview process they could not explain at all why they would not take the next step. They have been unprofessional, disrespectful and a waste of time and effort in every way.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to reveal details of an offer I received from a competitor that I was concurrently interviewing with, which is highly unusual and unprofessional   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Columbus, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

I had 5 interviews with management. Two of the interviews were technical interviews. Two interviews with Directors. One interview with a Managing Director. No real gotcha questions. Interviews were no more than 45 minutes each. I was hired basically after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your skill sets.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview and then in-person, three interviews in total. Overall process was smooth, efficient and quick. Was kept updated throughout the entire process. Took about three weeks total time from the first interview until I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• Experience based questions and also job specific, overall a good balance.   Answer Question