Citi Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview and then in-person, three interviews in total. Overall process was smooth, efficient and quick. Was kept updated throughout the entire process. Took about three weeks total time from the first interview until I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• Experience based questions and also job specific, overall a good balance.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty average, no surprised. They asked basic questions. Tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, what do you know about this role, some STAR type behavior interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a conflict with a colleague. How do you prioritize how your day and various deadlines?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I applied online for a somewhat technical VP role that i was highly qualified for. Approx. one week later, a recruiter (from another city, same company) called to set up a phone screen for the following week. It was a very simple conversation, basically just walked him through my resume. Then about 1.5 weeks later, I had my first call with a business VP - again, resume walkthrough. Several days later, a second call with a different business VP - again, resume walkthrough, but wanting detail on specific project outcomes. It was clear to me by this point that Citi was highly interested. Had a final video interview with SVP who asked me about one project and then told me at end of call that they would be extending offer the following week. Monday, recruiter called and gave informal verbal offer which was followed later that week by formal offer.

I noticed that as I began speaking with people at Citi, the waiting time between communications grew smaller and smaller, and recruiter was adamant that business was interested. I felt it pretty clear they were interested as they didn't let more than a day or two go by without some sort of communication. The longest wait was between the time I applied, the time I heard from recruiter, and then phone screen with recruiter. I think this was almost 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How did you get buy-in from the business when you suggested process improvements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview was too long and done by people who had no idea on subject matter. In the end they wanted to prove that they know more than me, which I gladly accepted as I knew they would offer the job, Make sure you know how to play to the audience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Basic interviews over the phone, never met face to face through 4 separate interviews. Process took 4 months total until an offer was presented. Long process with several interviews rescheduled by Citi. Weekly emails to HR contact. The response was usually we are interested, but a key decision maker was out of the office!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Citi? Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Position is for Project Manager. Had two rounds of technical or managerial and one HR round.The first is more about role briefing , filtering the profile over phone. The 2nd one is face to face interview with some generic questions on managing global team,team motivation,organization and PM skills.

Interview Questions

• Citibank is having global team . Are you fine with taking calls night time ?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi in September 2015.

Interview

Multiple rounds, phone and in-person.
    Slightly disorganized, multiple HRs interacted with me. No one was willing to follow the commitment of the other. The actual interviewing panel was great and had some good questions, cases and insight.
    Offer was given and modified twice - very slow process.
    Decided to reject the offer

Interview Questions

• 2 Business cases, behavioral, personal, 1 telephonic
      Pick any two of the 6 qualities that Citi stands for and how does it define you.
      Case on cost benefit analysis and break even analysis - basic finance knowledge required
      How do you resolve disagreements with upper mgmt?
      several others
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews initially, then one more phone interview, then 5 in person interviews. Very easy going. No hard questions. Jus talked about my background, the industry, and the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citi (Warren, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

extensive many different managers 3 hours. You have many one on ones with all the managers involved with the job. They are all different people and individuals that can asked many questions. There does not appear to be much cooperation between them. They are free to ask any question they tink is appropriate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

It varies based on the group , but it is more on overall general technical understanding and expectational details.
    Also person should be aware but the sdlc and agile process
    Knowledge about Spring , Cache and Hibernate

Interview Questions

• How to connect Sybase and Oracle instance using spring   1 Answer

Because Sponsership issue