Citibank Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.8

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citibank (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Did the application the process took two days to get a email I schedule a phone interview and I passed the phone interview now I have to do the face to face so hopefully I get the job

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citibank

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Applied for job and received a call about two days later. They had me answer questions regarding my previous employer and the experience. Set up in person interview at the end of the phone call. Was then told that I'd recieve an email confirmation and assessment to complete. Went to 1:1 interview with a manager that following Monday. The interview lasted 30-45m. The manager was very nice and comforting. Had to read a couple paragraphs about the job description, behavioral questions, situational questions, and questions about former employment. The overall experience was relaxed and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation you were presented new information. How did you handle it and what was the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Charlotte, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

"Background check" stage, that asks you for a 2nd time to enter your work history and old supervisors to call. They want you to be specific with "tell me a time when" questions. General answers about how you would handle situations is frowned upon. So be ready for that. They are basically inviting you to make things up to satisfy those questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I completed the application and skills test online. Then I received a call within 2 days and did a phone interview. I scheduled an interview the next day and did a background check through an email link. I felt good about the Job application process until the in person interview. Things didn't go well. The manager who interviewed me was unprofessional and rude. I traveled almost an hour to get to the interview and it would have been courteous if he had put his phone away in the beginning. Also, he was very snappy. Usually in interviews, managers are supposed to be professional and polite. I wonder if it would have been different if someone else had interviewed me. I haven't had such a bad experience in a while. To me that interview spoke volumes. It basically said that working for Citi would be an unpleasant experience. Edit: I got offered a job after 2 weeks, but ended up declining since I was hired somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• If you couldn't fix a customer's problem, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citibank (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interviewing process did not take long at all. The original online application and assessment took me about 45 minutes to complete. Once I finished that I got a call about a week and a half later from a recruiter going over the basic job description and my previous employers. I set up the interview with her on the phone for the following day. My interview was at 2 PM and it took about 45 minutes to complete. After the interview I received a call the following morning with a contingency offer of employment as long as I could pass a background check and a drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to handle a difficult situation with a customer without getting a supervisor involved.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to learn a new program or system at work. How did you ensure that you knew everything you need to know about the new program and how it worked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't really any negotiating as far as the pay. It was a set amount per hour plus commission based on your sales.Before they send you in for a face-to-face interview they do ask you what your pay requirement is.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview and then was invited to an in person interview. From there had to do an onsite drug test and finger printing. Took about a month for the whole hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service interview questions. For example: Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gray, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Citibank (Gray, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

process is very very long took about 2 months in total to get on, backround check credit check, took my fingerprints and had an iris scanner. long process it totally worth it in my opinion

Anonymous Employee in Roy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Roy, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

they called and did a phone screen asking easy questions about work related history. They then tell you to come in for a 1:1 interview where they ask how you would deal with different work related issues.

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Florence, KY) in September 2014.

Interview

Filled out online application. Received a phone call from recruiter 5 days later. She asked me about my prior positions and what I did there. She explained the position and pay rate. She then set up an in person interview at Citibank for the following week.
    The in person one on one interview lasted about 30 minutes.
    She asked me various questions that related to my online assessment. They wanted me to reply in the S.T.A.R format. SITUATION. TASK. ACTION. RESULT. Some questions she asked were "Tell me about a time you had a tight deadline with a goal to meet" "Tell me about how you would handle your co-workers being upset about a new implentation in the company" There was about 7 questions like this. She also noticed two employers that I had been with less than a year and asked me what happened there.
    She then had me take a seat outside of H.R. (Which I think means a good sign you get the position)
    H.R went over the pay ($14 hr-bi-weekly), schedule (4-12's or 5-10's with mandatory Saturday), training (lasts 9 weeks). Training doesn't start for another 20 days.
    I chose to do my fingerprint FBI check that day. I was then informed I had TWO days from then to complete my drug test. They test through Labcorp and it is helpful because they had locations all over the city. It takes time for the FBI check to come back- and there's a possibility you could get fired after already starting, from what I've heard.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me how you would handle a customer who wasn't answering the security questions correctly, how would you inform them that you are not able to access their account without the information"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation besides what schedule. 10:00-6:30 Tues- Sat., 8-4:30 Tues- Sat, 8-6:30 Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sat.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citibank in January 2014.

Interview

it was a good experience. it was not long and it took atleast one day and it was a panel interview. only one person was there. it was a good experience. it was not long and it took atleast one day and it was a panel interview. only one person was there.