Citibank Collections Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citibank Collections Interview Questions

2.4

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citibank.

Interview

Same. Apply, take test, recruiter calls, basic phone interview. Next on sight interview, meet with someone who you weren't expecting because at three last minute your interviewer is too busy. Interview with a person who doesn't even work in that department. Situational questions, lies about how well you did, then that email comes that says sorry, your not good enough.. Whatever!

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online through citi.com/careers in March 2016, recieved an email a few phone call a few days later and it was a recruiter wanting me to respond to the email they had sent to schedule a phone interview. Recruiter called about 5 minutes after scheduled time, and asked me "tell me about a time" questions and told m more about the position and the company, and asked me my salary requirements. If you pass that part, they schedule you for a 1:1 interview with a hiring manager. I arrived for my interview a few minutes early as they suggested in the email( it was a few miles from my home so i took a test trip, to see how long it would take me to get there and map out exacty where it was so i wouldn't get lost). Once i got there i checked in with security and waited about 10 minutes til a lady came and got me. We interviewed in a conference room, and she seemed professional and polite, we laughed and she asked a bunch of "tell me about a time" questions, and i had to answer using S.T.A.R format. Once that part was over, she began to tell me more about the position and the schedule. All of which sounded really good. She asked if i had any questions which i did, she said that she would pass all of my information to HR and to expect a call or text or email within 5-10 business days. She walked me back out to the front and we said our thank yous and good byes.

Interview Questions

• Why Collections? Why Citi?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citibank (Florence, KY) in January 2015.

Interview

Basic questions are asked . Usually are interviewed by one manager . Takes about 20 minutes . Usually hired on the spot . Bottom line salary is offered . Try and negotiate more if you can .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge at work and how did you handle it ?   1 Answer

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citibank (Florence, KY) in November 2014.

Interview

online,over the phone , face to face, either call you back or hire you right on the spot, its very depending on who you get to interview you.. At last what I know from the Citibank in Florence Ky... If you are hired on the spot they will do a background check that same day with fingerprinting and you will have to go off site to take the drug test

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citibank (Irving, TX).

Interview

Fast process, was interviewed and hired within 2 weeks. I had applied 6 months prior, but they didn't fill the need for a new team until September. They interviewed all of us and hired us within 2 weeks at the same salary and start date. My team and I shared our stories and they all matched the fast paced interview/hire process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not get along with someone at work, and what you did to correct it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was a flat rate, it was non negotiable. Everyone on the team got paid the same regardless if they came from a supervising background, or flipping burgers.

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Florence, KY) in August 2012.

Interview

I meet with a manager who asked me obvious questions like what I did and my experiences. Informed me that you get yelled at a lot because your calling people about money. It's a very stressful situation over and over again and it's difficult for people to talk to people about money and have an answer for every excuse people give for not being able to pay their bills.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citibank (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Applied for the job online and was called within a couple of days to do an initial phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of basic questions about myself and why I was interested in the position. Was immediately told at the end they would like to set-up an in-person interview for a few days later. Due to high turn-over they interview in bulk, but still individually. There were about 10 people waiting to be interviewed and we would go back one by one for about 15 minutes and again asked why we were interested in the position and about some of qualifications. Was hired on the spot and filled out paperwork while there. Few days later took urine test and started within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult and interview was very informal. The attire they requested was business casual for the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation..they told me how much my salary would be and you either accept or decline.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citibank (Kansas City, MO) in January 2009.

Interview

I had the interview maybe a week after they contacted me after the application was initially completed. After a few days they had a phone interview with me which wasn't too difficult. Then when the phone interview was over they invited me to the office for a face to face interview. After the interview they told me to wait for about 20 minutes and offered me a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why is it you decided to apply for Citibank considering your current work experience.   1 Answer
    • What's a time in your current line of work in which you demonstrated excellent customer servicing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just be as positive as possible and make it seem like you want a career with them as opposed to a simple job.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citibank (Buenos Aires (Argentina)).

Interview

In-company job posting intra areas job search. Same management offeer me the opportunity to change as for my expertise in the Collection Area. Manager saw potential in me as I was dealing with databases and reporting from the Monitoring Area

Collections Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Cairo (Egypt)) in September 2011.

Interview

i had to do three separate interviews with three different people in Citibank, The first one was the direct supervisor. The second was his manager. The third one was the head of the entire collection department.

Interview Questions

• what do you think you can add to this company if hired?   Answer Question