Citibank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.9

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citibank (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, did an assessment, got an email scheduling a phone interview, then got the phone call. The first few things he told me was that training is 8 weeks M-F, told me a few duties of the job, and then the pay rate. I was shocked at the pay rate. Based on the salaries I reviewed on line, the rate I was given was completely different. It was $12.40 an hour. I said no thank you right away.

Interview Questions

• You would have to work at least one weekend day each week or so. Would you be able to do that?   1 Answer

Governmment Card Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citibank (Norfolk, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview staff was very professional and friendly. The interview lasted about an hour. I was greeted by professionals the entire time. I applied and attached my resume with my application. I received a auto reply from Citibank advising they received my application and was reviewing it.

Interview Questions

• Previous job experience. How I would handle different scenarios. Hours of operation and benefits were discussed   Answer Question

Head Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Henderson, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

Was called from their recruiting department to set up interview. Man on the phone was extremely nice and set up everything for me smoothly. At the interview I met with the assistant manager and branch manager who did not run down the series of questions like most employers do. Interview was more personal and just getting to know each other and talk on experiences.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was reasonable and over what I was expecting. No need to negotiate

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Interview with two senior managers. Standard behavioral questions, along with proficiency of computer software. Waited in lobby for over an hour before being called in. There were NOT other applicants entering/leaving the lobby for interviews. A courtesy update on why the delay would have been nice.

Interview Questions

• Please provide your level of proficiency in using Excel? Word? Powerpoint?   Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Tampa, FL).

Interview

When I began, it was as a temp. The interview was phone only (after submitting resume). Very clear and concise, asked my skill set and discussed how they can be applicable.

Interview Questions

• Very basic and real questions about experience and program usage. Not many "open-minded/creative questions" that many interviews use nowadays.   1 Answer

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citibank (Irving, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

First phone call for about 20-30 minutes.
    Then a F2F interview that lasted more than an hour.
    Overall they were very nice, the security was very tight getting in the building took time, they take a picture etc.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, reached out to a former recruiter and chose a date and time to meet with the branch manager. The interview went well I met with the assistant manager first then branch manager. I was offered the position on the spot.

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online through citi.com/careers in March 2016, recieved an email a few phone call a few days later and it was a recruiter wanting me to respond to the email they had sent to schedule a phone interview. Recruiter called about 5 minutes after scheduled time, and asked me "tell me about a time" questions and told m more about the position and the company, and asked me my salary requirements. If you pass that part, they schedule you for a 1:1 interview with a hiring manager. I arrived for my interview a few minutes early as they suggested in the email( it was a few miles from my home so i took a test trip, to see how long it would take me to get there and map out exacty where it was so i wouldn't get lost). Once i got there i checked in with security and waited about 10 minutes til a lady came and got me. We interviewed in a conference room, and she seemed professional and polite, we laughed and she asked a bunch of "tell me about a time" questions, and i had to answer using S.T.A.R format. Once that part was over, she began to tell me more about the position and the schedule. All of which sounded really good. She asked if i had any questions which i did, she said that she would pass all of my information to HR and to expect a call or text or email within 5-10 business days. She walked me back out to the front and we said our thank yous and good byes.

Interview Questions

• Why Collections? Why Citi?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citibank.

Interview

I interviewed with the Assistant Manager and Manager at the time. Both were very nice and pleasant as is most of Citibank's employees. Recently I have seen only managers interview the new tellers and most often will interview many at a time in their central office.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses and describe a situation in which these were used.
      Describe your cash experience
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citibank.

Interview

The interview process was just a standard interview. They called me for a phone pre-interview. We discussed basic interests in the job and went over my resume in detail. Then we scheduled some personality testing and aptitude testing to be done within 48 hours (I had to come into HR for). After that I (I assume that I passed b/c I was asked to come in for an in-person interview). Then at the in person interview had standard behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? Name a time when you were faced with a difficulty and triumphed? What did you do and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question