Citibank Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2016

2.5

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Huntington Beach, CA).

Interview

The interview process was simple. I met with the branch manager and we went over various skills, and questions that pertained to the job. At the end the manager brought in one of the head tellers that I would be answering directly to in order to get acquainted.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a problem arise between you and a fellow employee?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Gardena, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

After application received an email to take assessment right after finishing that received a email saying I passed about a week later I get a phone call for an interview

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? what to do when you have an irate client?   Answer Question

Teller II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

First, the candidate needs to apply online and fill out a survey/questionnaire. Once that is completed, they wait for a recruiter to contact them. The interview with the recruiter includes questions about salary, work experience, and character. Once through that, the branch brings you in for an interview. I only had one interview and had to wait roughly three weeks to know that I got the job.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citibank (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Two interviews were conducted: One with the branch manager, and the other with the area director. It was a pretty seamless process, most relating to previous banking history, and/or sales experience. Citibank represents the consumer banking operations of financial services giant Citigroup. The unit has more than 1,000 branches in about a dozen US states. California and Texas are its largest markets, but the bank also has a significant presence in the Northeast. The interview process was just a standard interview. They called me for a phone pre-interview. We discussed basic interests in the job and went over my resume in detail. Then we scheduled some personality testing and aptitude testing to be done within 48 hours (I had to come into HR for). After that I (I assume that I passed b/c I was asked to come in for an in-person interview).…

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online had a referral from a friend that already worked for the company. Went in for interview very easy a few days later I was called by the area director to get to know me a little better and a few weeks after that I was offered the position.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citibank (Fountain Valley, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with the area director. They go over the expectation of the job and what a typical day looks like for a banker. Heavily focus on customer service and growing the book of business of the branch. If you can show that you are enthusiastic and ready to bring your "A" game to the table, you will get hire.

Interview Questions

• Past banking experience. What you can offer to the table.   Answer Question

Teller II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

It took a while for them to call since they hire new employees in waves, but once the interview process started, it was went by fast. They did a very short phone interview that was under 10 minutes. Then I did an online assessment on my own time which took about an hour. A week later I was called in with an interview with a branch manager and assistant manager. They called me about a week later and gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• They basically asked the exact questions that were on this site. Study these and you'll be fine. I didn't really have any trick questions or anything that wasn't standard.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citibank (Woodland Hills, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online, I got scheduled for a phone interview. He only asked me some basic questions and it only took 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• He asked me what was the most difficult customer situation I've ever been in, and how did I resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Whittier, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied for a full time teller position and within a few days I recieved a phone interview. I was asked basic questions about customer service and sales. I have experience as a teller so this process was routine for me. After the phone interview i was called to schedule an in person interview which i accepted i did some research on the company and practiced my interview questions and answers to be prepared. I met with the assistant manager and the senior teller they both interviewed me at the same time and asked me about my previous work history and how i would handle customers and what was expected of me regarding sales all I can say is that i did well. I was asked for a 2nd interview this time it would be with the branch manager.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed by the branch manager and right from the get to she asked me a bunch of questions and after i gave an answer she would comment in a negative way. I dont know why but i already knew this interview wasnt going to go well she continued to ask more questions and i answered the best way i could i remained calm and friendly. I wanted to walk out on the interview because of certain comments she made but i just continued. My advice would be to do your research on the company and keep calm and smile alot. Some people are more professional then other so its a matter of getting the right person to interview with unfortunately mine didnt go so well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Found position on company website. Applied. A week later got a call from recruiter interested in an interview. Phone chat lasted for about 20 min, and then 5 days later I received a packet in the mail to be filled out and mailed back. Packet had paperwork about company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They had asked me what I would like to make, I told them based on my previous bank experience with Chase Bank I would like $15 an hour and they agreed immidiately.