Citibank Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Citibank Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First round is phone screening. Most of it are behavioral questions. Some are about the current markets. It's best to express your interest in markets, but then you have to be really well prepared for them to ask you what's going on right now in the markets and what do you think.

Interview Questions

• What three factors you think is the most important in Macro economy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Online app, assessment, phone interview, branch interview. Referrals mean nothing. Four weeks of my life stolen even after being told by the manager "I can get you in." I passed everything, but when I went to the branch, I wasn't treated fairly. The candidate before me batted her eyes at the manager the whole time, and left with a seductive vibe to her farewell. Unbelievable.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions like "describe a time." Although it's common, I still don't see how "see yourself in 5 years" is relevant considering the fact you're applying for a job. Ridiculous.   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Depend on manager you interview. It was very straight forward. Explain my past experience and discuss trouble shooting. My weakness and straight. Why am i left my last job and how long

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself ? what was your past experience ?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

A little bit different. I went to the career night first, which is the open-door interview for first round. And then finish the online assessment, and the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• why citi, why personal banker, why san francisco, why hire you.....etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

very friendly and nice talking with all the staffs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citibank (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule a time with a recruiter. The recruiter asked basic questions about my resume, the normal why citibank and told me the branch manger would contact me within a week or two. Sadly, no one contacted me.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone call performed by a Citi gatekeeper which led to in-person interview(s). Met with various branch managers in-person to identify a good fit. Overall not a difficult process. Branch originally applied for wasn't looking to hire on anyone else. As a result, I interviewed with multiple branch managers.

Interview Questions

• Primarily discuss employment history and skills. Nothing in particular stood out during the process. More of a review of my history and an analysis of personality.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was some negotiation but the recruiter appeared to be rather open and forthright about the wiggle room in the base salary. The variance in salary scale was rather minimal. Roughly 5k.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citibank (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Basically after the online application you go through the recruiter process. But this was my third interview with citi so I called my local recruiter since i had her number from the previous interview and left her a message about submitting my app for the branch I applied too. Two days later I get a call from the branch manager and we set up a interview date. On the interview day she made me wait 20 minutes because she was dealing with a customer and her staff after that. She asks what I'm taking in college and then a set of general questions like "a time when I have abruptly been asked to do something and how i reacted about doing it." Other questions were "where do i see myself in five years, being the most satisfied and dissatisfied with my previous jobs, going about what i did on a particular slow day at work, and solving a problem for a customer." I'm probably missing some more but i'll add it in if i remember. I asked a question about the most challenging aspect of the position and she rambled on about it and went off topic too about citi being a great company and her previous jobs-of course I'm sitting there and agreeing about citi's great products and company culture. I liked that she said she doesn't stress tellers on sales because after a while it irritates customers and really wants tellers to concentrate on providing the service-sincere thank yous and referring customers by name.

Just be really customer service orientated, show your enthusiasm for their products-0% credit cards etc. the company culture and you'll do fine.

Anyway I don't think I'll be getting a call back because she said my classes will conflict with her scheduling as she needs someone available 6 days a week and went on about trying other banks who can really work with schooling using her daughter as an example. Oh well, I tried.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citibank (San Francisco, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

It started with application online that included a personality test. After I was informed that I passed the online exam my application was submitted. After about a week of submitting my application I was called by the branch manager who offered a time to interview. I was interviewed by the three managers who asked me about previous work experiences and how my experiences might translate into retail banking. I finished the interview and was contacted about three days later with an offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citibank (San Francisco, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

I was hired out of my MBA program for a summer IT internship. I was top pick of the day for the oncampus interview, and while I hadn't planned to work for a bank, I was so positively impressed with the follow-up on-site interview that I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge on your last job, and how did you address it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the summer internship salary, but a senior VP met with me one-on-one and mentored me regarding how to ask for a higher salary than I would have otherwise