Citibank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citibank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Huntington Beach, CA).

Interview

The interview process was simple. I met with the branch manager and we went over various skills, and questions that pertained to the job. At the end the manager brought in one of the head tellers that I would be answering directly to in order to get acquainted.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a problem arise between you and a fellow employee?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citibank

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy the application process was tedious and long there was a drug test fingerprinting trainings some tests phone interview emailing back and forth the entire process took a month to wait for the background check and drug test I had to verify my previous jobs send W-2 documents etc

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an upset customer   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citibank.

Interview

I interviewed with the Assistant Manager and Manager at the time. Both were very nice and pleasant as is most of Citibank's employees. Recently I have seen only managers interview the new tellers and most often will interview many at a time in their central office.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses and describe a situation in which these were used.
      Describe your cash experience

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank.

Interview

Had no experience as a teller so my interview was based on customer service, tell about myself, how have I handled conflict in the past, talk about training location and schedule availability.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process for hiring is very meticulous, as you would expect from a financial institution. I applied online and took an online assessment test which consisted of psychometric test and math questions. The day after I took the assessment I received an email saying I passed the assessment. I was then interviewed over the phone; then was called for an in person interview that very week. I then received a call the following week telling me that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Citibank?
      Why did you leave your last position?
      What kind of sales experience do you have?
      Please elaborate regarding your previous cash handling experience.
      What does success mean to you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citibank (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Well first I applied online and passed the qualification test. Two days later I received a phone call from a recruiter. She interviewed me right then and there. She then gave me an interview for the following Monday. When I went to the branch, they were late. The people who were suppose to be interviewing me wasn't even in the building! I had to wait 30 minutes. When it was time to interview me, they BARELY asked me about my work experience (all retail and banking experience so I definitely qualify). All they were worried about was that I was about to graduate college and would be having a bachelor's degree. They felt like I would have full time jobs lined up for me the moment I get out of college! I highly doubt that though in this economy. I just wanted a job outside of retail for once and Citibank seemed like it would be a great option but it seemed like I was too overqualified for them now. Penalized for my school success. I can't believe it.

Interview Questions

• None of the standard interview questions. They just focused on my future endeavors.
      If you were to have a full time job lined up for you in a couple of months, would you take it?
      How long are you planning on staying with Citibank?

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citibank.

Interview

First, apply online. Then, complete the online assessment. If you score well enough in the skills assessment, you will be contacted by HR, followed by interviews with branch managers in the hiring branch.

Interview Questions

• Typical conversation. Watching for animation, friendliness, comfort of interaction.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Interview

Citibank is very diverse which is wonderful and they've gotten better over the years regarding their employees but it just depends on the staff your in. I had two interviews and between the two I had a phone interview. Every manager is different and is looking for something specific that can help you or kill your chances but basically it's important sales and customer service. Multitasking and open to change because there is always change.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Citibank pays well

Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank.

Interview

you will get ask regular interview question, just be willing to smile and help clients, greet and engage into small talk conversation with client to pretty much spot a potential up sale client, different scenario will be asked.

Interview Questions

• you will be ask questions pertaining to irate clients and how would you solve them   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay negotiation was pretty, the try to match your requested pay

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citibank.

Interview

Phone interview, brench manager