Citizens Advice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citizens Advice Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.8

Social Policy Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Advice.

Interview

After applying I received a short email and phone call saying that I had been shortlisted, and asked that I prepare some materials ahead of time. A week before my interview I was asked to write a paper on fuel poverty using some materials that had been sent through the post and present to the interview panel. 3 managers went through my paper, asked a few tough and insightful questions.

Afterwards they asked questions about my qualifications, familiarity with the organisation, and motivation for applying.

Interview Questions

• What policy solutions at council level can we pursue to address fuel poverty? What other NGO's should we involve in our campaign?   Answer Question

Information Assistant/Gateway Assessor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Advice (Leicester, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and went in for an interview 2 weeks later. The interview process was relaxed no pressure. I felt comfortable. Nothing was rushed and the lady who did my interview was very warm and welcoming and listened to every word that i said. I wasn't rushed. The whole process was very positive. I don't know how else to describe it.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell us about our organisation?

What made you want to volunteer with us?

How would you deal with a challenging client?
      Answer Question

EECAB IT Support Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackney, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Advice (Hackney, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through an application form online which was quite detailed. Invited to an interview. Interviewed face to face and then had to complete a 7-8 question quiz which was technology related (just to get an idea of the level of techinical understanding).

Interview Questions

• Two part question: Take us through a time when you were part of a team and something went wrong. What did you do to contribute to the solution and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Voluntery Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lichfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citizens Advice (Lichfield, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

After both my references where received I was called for an interview. I was telephoned and I received a written appointment through the post. I arrived for my interview 15 minutes early. Then I was shown into a room with one interviewer. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was given a tour of the building after and met some of the members of staff

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to volunteer for us at the citizens advice?   1 Answer
    • What do you hope to gain from working for the citizens advice?   1 Answer
    • do you have any objections to working with certain types of people?   1 Answer
    • What did I think is important in creating a good working atmosphere?   1 Answer

Volunteer Gateway Assessor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citizens Advice (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Usual questions about self/company, what the company does/expectations etc. Then a test for potential position.
    Professional and friendly staff willing to help make the interview process less daunting and considerate to all members of the community and is representative of that in its workforce.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to work for Citizens
      Advice?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Professional and friendly and accommodating.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Advice (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview consisted of a test, a presentation and formal interview with a panel of three people. The interview was what I would call a proper equal opportunities interview. The panel stuck to a series of well thought out questions but it was not over formal. It was fun, fair and interesting.

Interview Questions

• What did I think was important in creating a good work atmosphere   1 Answer

Negotiation

Good, no need to negotiate as the jobs terms and conditions were clearly laid out.

Finance Capability Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Advice (Liverpool, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I had formal interview for this role. The interviewer was friendly toward me and he have kept the interview process very simple and straight forward. I have interviewed in small room for this interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about Citizens Advice Bureau?   1 Answer

Trainee Gateway Assessor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontypridd, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citizens Advice (Pontypridd, Wales (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was seen by a lady named Julie. She asked me what skills I brought to the job.
    She then asked me what I would do in various scenarios. She then explained what sort of training the Bureau provided. She asked me if I had any questions, which I did not. She thanked me for my time and I left.

Interview Questions

• What skills would you bring to the job?   1 Answer

Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Advice (Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Clear Description for job role and application was easy to complete Interview include practical test and then interview. The interview was a panel of three people the interview lasted 45 minutes. 30 minutes were allowed for the test. The whole process was very clear.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

had another job offer nearer to home

Gateway Assesor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Advice in March 2015.

Interview

Friendly selection day with 9-10 other candidates. Conducted a few group exercises where we discussed current affairs issues among ourselves whilst being assessed. Introduced to CAB and what we would be doing within the role. Short IT assessment that basically consisted of turning the computer on and conducting a few short and simple copy and pasting exercises.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join CAB in the role of Gateway Assessor?   Answer Question