Citizens Advice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citizens Advice Interview Questions

Updated Jan 6, 2018

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Advice.

Interview

After applying I received a short email and phone call saying that I had been shortlisted, and asked that I prepare some materials ahead of time. A week before my interview I was asked to write a paper on fuel poverty using some materials that had been sent through the post and present to the interview panel. 3 managers went through my paper, asked a few tough and insightful questions.

Afterwards they asked questions about my qualifications, familiarity with the organisation, and motivation for applying.

Interview Questions

• What policy solutions at council level can we pursue to address fuel poverty? What other NGO's should we involve in our campaign?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citizens Advice (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was formal with set questions. There were two women interviewing, keeping to the questions they had prepared. I was not encouraged to discuss my experience and skills in depth, which may have been why I was not successful.

Interview Questions

• asking about previous experience   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caerphilly, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Advice (Caerphilly, Wales (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

called in at the last minute for an interview, briefly interviewed then advised would hear back asap, didnt happen, very disappointed by poor communication, have called to chase up but no response

Interview Questions

• please describe a time you worked well as part of a team   Answer Question

Contact Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gateshead, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Advice (Gateshead, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Application was CV and Cover Letter. Then telephone interview (unannounced) and then a test at the centre, listening to phone call and writing down information and visiting websites and writing relevant answers to questions. At the end of the interview was told I had to attend a 6 week training programme and could not have any time off throughout this time (I would be full full time.. whatever that means) and I would be expected to take a test at the end of the training. If I failed the test my contract would be terminated.

Interview Questions

• All competency based.. think of a time where you have given excellent customer service, what skills and experience do you have for the job, how would you deal with an irate customer etc   Answer Question

Telephone Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Advice in September 2017.

Interview

It was a panel of three each asking pr-written questions following a template. Each panel member asked their questions in turn and I was invited to ask my own questions at the end. It was a short but pleasant interview. No difficult questions just standard competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions where you had to give examples   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Advice (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Informal.
    Question based to establish awareness of bureau priorities (debt management etc) and issues like conflict of interest & confidentiality.
    Panel of two using template structure, but interview was informal, and conversational

Interview Questions

• Your experience of confidentiality?   1 Answer

Information Assistant/Gateway Assessor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Advice (Leicester, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and went in for an interview 2 weeks later. The interview process was relaxed no pressure. I felt comfortable. Nothing was rushed and the lady who did my interview was very warm and welcoming and listened to every word that i said. I wasn't rushed. The whole process was very positive. I don't know how else to describe it.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell us about our organisation?

What made you want to volunteer with us?

How would you deal with a challenging client?   Answer Question

EECAB IT Support Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackney, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Advice (Hackney, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through an application form online which was quite detailed. Invited to an interview. Interviewed face to face and then had to complete a 7-8 question quiz which was technology related (just to get an idea of the level of techinical understanding).

Interview Questions

• Two part question: Take us through a time when you were part of a team and something went wrong. What did you do to contribute to the solution and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Voluntery Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lichfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citizens Advice (Lichfield, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

After both my references where received I was called for an interview. I was telephoned and I received a written appointment through the post. I arrived for my interview 15 minutes early. Then I was shown into a room with one interviewer. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was given a tour of the building after and met some of the members of staff

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to volunteer for us at the citizens advice?   1 Answer
    • What do you hope to gain from working for the citizens advice?   1 Answer
    • do you have any objections to working with certain types of people?   1 Answer
    • What did I think is important in creating a good working atmosphere?   1 Answer

Volunteer Gateway Assessor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citizens Advice (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Usual questions about self/company, what the company does/expectations etc. Then a test for potential position.
    Professional and friendly staff willing to help make the interview process less daunting and considerate to all members of the community and is representative of that in its workforce.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to work for Citizens
      Advice?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Professional and friendly and accommodating.