Citizens Bank Banker I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citizens Bank Banker I Interview Questions

2.3

Banker I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview where they asked very general questions about past jobs and school. The second interview was at the branch and involved more behavioral and situational questions. There were no math questions or banking questions but I had no experience with banking before that.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation at a past job where you solved a problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citizens Bank

Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Two phone interviews and two in-person interviews. The phone interviews were from recruiters and then one with Branch Manager and the other with District Manager at the branch at the same day. Everyone was very polite and nice.
    After I got job offer they took 3 weeks to do background check which is too long in my opinion. After that they fixed the start date.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions:
      - How did you deal with irate customers and all that.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Albany, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I first applied online. I had to fill out an application and complete an online assessment as well. The assessment took about a half hour to complete and consisted of general behavioral and mathematical questions. I was then contacted via email by a recruiter. The recruiter set up a telephone interview. It was a basic interview which lasted twenty minutes. The next step was a one on one interview. Even though I had an appointment and was on time, my actual interview was an hour later than scheduled. It was an open house and people were justing walking in for interviews. This was just a repeat of the phone interview. Very basic and easy questions: Why do you want to work here? Tell me a time you provided exceptional customer service. Tell me how you once dealt with a customer who was irate. I was then told to return to my seat and wait for the regional manager. I then spoke with two managers and basically repeated the same interview. Long drawn out process but relatively easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Albany, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Read up on this position on glassdoor quite a bit before applying. Applied online, which consisted of a fill-in application, questionnaire, and an assessment that took about 20 minutes. The questionnaire was your basic "do you believe that bending the rules is wrong," sort of ethical test. The assessment was multiple choice and broken down into several parts including mathematical skills, reasoning, and determining the difference between two given sentences. In my opinion, they were very simple to complete. Afterwards, you are prompted that your application was submitted and to look out for a call from HR. About 2 weeks later I heard from an HR representative who set up a phone interview. This was a standard 30 minute conversation about your personal history, job history, and why you're interested in the position. At the end the representative made it very clear that this was a SALES position, with a very, VERY high emphasis on sales, (including cold calling and staying late certain nights for call parties) which could be even higher based on what location you were finally placed in. Finally, we set up a face to face interview, which turned out to be almost like an open house call for bankers across the region. You sit down with a manager from another branch, discuss why you're qualified, your past history, he/she asks relatively easy to answer questions like "tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service at your current position." The interviewer then determined if you were fit, and discussed it with the HR representative, who passed on the application to your local or closet branch to home. The branch manager for the local location called about a week after to schedule an interview. Don't be surprised if they want you to interview ASAP, as they want to fill this position very quickly. This face to face interview was more of a conversation about the job, specifics about sales goals at that branch, and what you wanted to get out of the position, or how you think you would fit into that position.Finally, a few days later the HR representative called back and offered the osition.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you proposed a new opportunity or new method to a member of management that increased productivity at your current job.   1 Answer

Received an unexpected call about another position that was more suited to my strengths, and the sales goals were, in my opinion very, very high and set you up for failure unless you are a great salesman from the start

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

interviewed with both branch manager and RM, questions were very straight forward if you've been in the banking world before. They want to know what you can bring to the table as a new member of the team

Interview Questions

• how you've overcome difficult customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Lancaster, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied Online through citizens bank for a banker position, before it even lets you put the application through you have to pass a personality/behavior test, also a math and situational test.
    interview with the regional manager, His assistant and also branch manager.
    Questions about skills, what you bring to to the company, emphasis on sales, telemarketing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Woburn, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Easy. Most managers just look to get somebody competent through the door, and ask basic interview questions based on personal skill sets, etc.

Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Bank in November 2010.

Interview

i had one phone interview than face to face with the branch manger

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Cambridge, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

They were very aggressive and fast in their decision to offer me the job. Did a counter offer for my hourly rate and they accepted. Overall it was fast and efficient.

Interview Questions

• dont really remember. It was a standard scripted interview like at most institutions   Answer Question
    • it was a scripted standard interview. dont remember all the question   Answer Question

Negotiation

Check GlassDoor first before putting a salary requirement

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process began with application. I had to complete an online skills assesment which involved simple math problems timed against a clock. Then a personality test consisting of "Everybody steals... Agree, sort of agree, maybe, not true" type questions. Then a brief phone interview that was pretty simple, followed by a 1:1 with the branch manager and regional. All of it was pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had an upset client or customer and what did you do to resolve situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating salary or bonuses