Citizens Bank Banker I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citizens Bank Banker I Interview Questions

2.3

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

After taking an assessment at Citizens website, I received a phone call from a recruiter in Rhode Island. He asked my a couple of questions to qualify me for employment and also a couple of questions about how I would handle a few customer service situations. I was then asked to do an interview day where I sat with 2 branch managers in my area. This was mostly a fit interview with behavioral and sales questions. The interviewers were very nice and made the process comfortable. I did not get an offer at this point, but I realized that I never actually applied for any of the job postings online. I applied yesterday online for a few positions and received another phone call today asking about my availability for a couple locations and scheduled another phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me how you have handled a difficult customer situation and how you resolved the problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citizens Bank

Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank in April 2012.

Interview

I completed an online application and then attended a local open house at one of the nearby bank locations.
    I met with two managers separately, one male and the other female. They have many openings for personal bankers as well as for tellers that they are seeking to fill. According to the one manager, they have a fairly high attrition rate because of the demanding sales expectations. The female manager was quite candid about how difficult the job can be. Employees are evaluated by customers frequently and your reviews must be positive. Additionally, the monthly new loans and new accounts that must be opened per month are set at high numbers. I worked at a local community bank for two years and I suppose they wanted to impress upon me that the environment at Citizen’s is much more challenging. They also made it clear that employees are expected to be able to work any day of the week - Monday through Sunday. I did appreciate the information but I felt prejudged based on my past experience. In any event, I was glad to attend the open house and learn more about Citizen's Bank. I had a fair experience. I felt that it could have been a more professional atmosphere similar to other open house events that I have attended.

Banker I Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank in May 2011.

Interview

It was an internal posting and the process is quite daunting only because a) they ask the same questions you got asked at initial hire and b) they have usually already heard about your performance. Kinda strange but definitely doable. Also if you are doing an internal move I recommend reaching out through email to the hiring manager, even though they don't seem to expect they seem to comment on it a bunch.

Interview Questions

• What would your last boss say about you.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at this location   1 Answer

Negotiation

They wouldn't give me more then a set amount over what I was making. Not a good example of employee retention. Also work to get in the high side of their pay at your first hire because they hire in more than most of their staff is currently making in the same job. Remember also any job you accept they expect you to stay there a minimum of a year before changing positions.

Banker I Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank in October 2010.

Interview

interview process is pretty smooth

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you can try to negotiate it will not hurt, likely to be turned down

Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank in July 2009.

Interview

hr recruiter - 30 minutes
    group interview with management
    hr call to offer job and salary
    backgroup check (took the longest) - 3 weeks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

didn't try

Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank in March 2008.

Interview

phone interviiew went well, then the drug test wen well, then th 1 on 1 interview was great