Citizens Bank Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Citizens Bank Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Feb 27, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus portal. Was selected for phone screen - 2 on 1 with alumni from my school. Offered superday, three hours in the afternoon, although I think there was a morning one as well. Mostly 2 on 1 behavioral interviews to determine fit with group. Extended offer within two days.

AML Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Canton, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had to do some weird writing thing that they just made up. I was interviewed by 4 people at once and the questions they ask are ridiculous. Huge waste of time for them to not even consider you for the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked about what I would do if I saw suspicious activity on an account   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dedham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Dedham, MA).

Interview

Went in for a 4 hour interview with 7 different people. The people were great I have to say. I never heard anything back however. After a month, called in to find out the status and was told the position was filled. No one from the company reached out to me at all regarding this. It would have been one thing if I only had sent in my resume or had one phone call with HR. To go through a 4 hour interview and then be disrespected with no response - not ok in my book. Says something about the company's ethics.

Interview Questions

• What type of projects have you worked on.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screening was about 30 minutes, then two in-person interviews roughly 45 minutes each. after the third interview, a recruiter called me on the third week to ask me for proof of my previous employer salary. I asked the recruiter, what if I don't want to provide that info, she replied then we can't move forward with the recruiting process. I felt that they didn't believe my salary info, plus they needed to see my previous income so they can determine the new income. I really didn't want to provide my previous salary because I felt I should be evaluated on my work history, personality and intellectual level which all can be known from various assessment and interview questions. After I faxed them the W-2, Citizens had offered me the role.

Interview Questions

• Questions about sales, employee management, customer service and your previous role. The asked me to provide them my Pay stub from previous employer so they can determine my pay.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty much, they start from my previous employer income. Therefore, if you have taken a pay cut in your last role, that where Citizens will start the salary/rate offer. It's unfortunate that they can't determine your value unless they see proof of previous salary info.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Dedham, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was clearly explained, so I knew what to expect at each stage. I was informed who I was interviewing with and what their role is in the organization, which helped me prepare for each interview. The recruiter worked with me around my schedule and kept me informed of changes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you lead a big initiative.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. I find this stuff awkward but it was fine.

Debt Capital Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through school. They asked mostly behavioral question. Since I did not have internship experience in finance, they seemed a little bit concerned. The interviewer were nice and friendly. It went pretty well. I found out at the end of the week I didn't make it to second round.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Everett, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

She asked me if I had any questions after the interview was over and I said "When do I start?" I guess she didn't like that answer so I laughed nervously and just lost all hope

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Card Fraud Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Medford, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Ask common interview questions. Can you tell me about yourself? What did you do in your last employer? Can you tell me when a time when you handled a difficult situation?

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Melrose, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I showed up ten minutes early for the interview. Thirty minutes later the manager finally introduced herself to me. She constantly pronounced my name wrong even after I corrected her. She pretty much just kept asking why I hadn't applied to other banks besides Citizens. She was very negative about everything I had to say.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied for a teller position and the next day i got a call from the branch manager inviting me for an in office interview. i've been interviewed by tha guy and the team supervisor i'm gonna be working with. the interview went smooth and i was comfortable as it was more as a conversational interview. i didn't get an offer for this office but i was called by another branch for another interview as i was referred by that branch manager. the second interview was similar to the first one and he thought i'm over-qualified for a teller position and offered me a universal banker position.

Interview Questions

• what is the challenges you had in your previous job? do you prefer to work under a day-to-day supervision or independently?   1 Answer